Family Physicians

1812 U.S. 19 N
Holiday, FL 34691
727-943-0300
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  How about waiting over 3 hours for each appt you have with this doctor???  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2013

I believe the previous review of Dr. Levine is the wrong Dr. Levine. Mineola is North of Orlando, and this Dr. Gary Levine does not have a practice there. When I was discharged from Mease Countryside awhile ago, I needed a PCP to handle my medical needs and referrals. Dr. Gary Levine was recommended to me, and he was kind enough to take care of my immediate medical needs WITHOUT EVER SEEING ME IN HIS OFFICE. I was at the time, grateful. As I made my first appt with Dr. G Levine, I had to wait over 5 weeks to get to see him and then waited over 2 hours in his waiting room to see him. As the months past, it only got worse. I was on so much medication and had so many stomach pains, I called to ask if I should be put in the hospital. Never got a call back. Next appt, he wanted to put me in the hospital for several other reasons, so I went home and made arrangements for my cat and home to be looked after, called him back, and again never heard from him again. I make appt after appt with him, and I was soooo sick. Each appt was at least a 3-hour wait to see him, or the last one was 4 hours. I could not take it, so I left. I called him a few months later for refills on my long list of medications and after 10 days of not hearing from his office and the pharmacy not receiving any calls from his office, I called. They had no idea who I was, where my chart was, what I was calling about, even the girl I spoke to about the refills did not remember me. 2 days later I received a call from his office saying they found my chart (Whooo-hoooo). It was on Dr. G. Levine's desk with the notation that he would not call in these refills because I had not been in to see him in over 6 mos. I told the girl who called of the many attempts I had made to see Dr. G. Levine, and asked her to check her appointment book as I had the dates I was there for 3 and 4 hours. That didn't change a thing. This doctor must book at least 25 - 30 pts for the same time frame to be held up for that amount of time. It is untolerable, especially when you are really, really sick. I need a doctor who cares, who returns phone calls about requests to be hospitalized, and works with you knowing you have attempted to see him 4 times, but could not wait 3-4 hours to see him. In short, I need a doctor who cares. I would never, ever on my life recommend this doctor to anyone, nor will I ever see him again.

|  show details
Jan 4th, 2012

Dr. Levine is excellent. He is hard to get an appointment with, and there is a reason for that. With the exception of Dr. Nodelman (who I only know because he delivered my son-and did a wonderful job), he is the only one who is professional and knows what to do. He actually reads your file so before he speaks to you he knows what is going on, and he writes things down. If he doesn't know the answer to something, he lets you know that, and he will refer you to a another doctor specializing in whatever your need is, which right away shows he is intelligent and is confident. No matter how busy it is, he has a routine where he sees a number of patients at a time and then meets individually with his patients afterwards. He always has a follow-up appointment scheduled. You are not left in the blind with him. When I was having problems with bleeding, he wasn't sure what the problem was. Rather than dismiss it as a threat of a miscarriage, like two other doctors in the office did, he wanted to rule out another possibility and sent me to someone else who would know how to check. It turned out that by referring me to another specialist who could examine me, the problem was discovered and Dr. Levine was able to go from there. The staff in this office is very rude and unprofessional. If you do go, I highly recommend you request Dr. Levine or Dr. Nodelman at the Mineola office.