Dr. Gary Linn Is this you?

Neutral

June 12th, 2012

I went to Dr. Linn as a result of microscopic blood found in my urine during a routine gyno exam. After going through a series of tests that all proved negative he wanted me to go for a more invasive procedure. When I "politely" told him of my concerns regarding this procedure he became nasty and abusive saying that if there was a tumor it would grow and grow and I would have to have my entire bladder removed and how would I like that. I told him that all literature said that you should express your concerns to your doctor and that was all that I was doing.He ran out of the room and proceeded to dictaphone my visit in front of the entire waiting roomk saying that I was uncooperative. A doctor should not bully their patients into procedures.

May 9th, 2010

I am appauled with the way Dr. Gary Linn treated a close friend of mine. She had bladder problems and underwent a procedure to have an Interstimulant device meant to stimulate her bladder to allow it to empty completely, surgically inserted. My friend was not having success with the device, and was still required to catheterize herself three times a day. After several visits, the device was still not working. On her last visit, Dr. Linn said to her, "Congratulations, you are my first failure...How does it feel to be a failure?" Dr. Linn is the failure, who, instead of trying to find an alternative way to help my friend, gave up and turned the blame on his patient, rather than taking responsibility, and empathizing with a patient who clearly was frustrated and wanted to get better. How do you blame a patient and call her a failure because a device put INSIDE her body did not work? She cannot control the inside of her body. It is Dr. Linn's responsibility to do his best and treat his patients with compassion. If this is how he treats even one difficult case, he cannot be trusted to care for patients.

February 23rd, 2016