Dr. Gary Lopes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 30th, 2016
He is very thorough and smart. His compassion comes comes through easily. He is like a breath of fresh air in the world of medicine today.

July 18th, 2012
Can't get past the receptionist!
Two months ago I was referred to Dr Lopes by my PCP for treatment hepatitis.It took 6 confusing weeks to work out a schedule for a colonoscopy. Linette (the receptionist) told me that I could NOT see Dr Lopes without doing the colonoscopy first. I tried to get a message thru because I felt I needed some treatment for the hepatitis sooner than that. Linette made it painfully clear, PATIENTS DO NOT SEND COMMUNICATIONS TO THE DOCTOR. If the doctor wants to see the patient, the doctor starts the communication. Well, I finally got the colonoscopy, and did not hear from the office. I called the office multiple times. Finally, I asked my PCP to call the office because my messages were not being returned. Linette swore I was lying about leaving messages. And, even WITH the done colonoscopy, she claimed I had to wait till Dr Lopes got to my records and decided to call me in. Again, patients do not request appointments, they wait till the doctor decides to invite them.My PCP told me that Dr Lopes is indeed a good doctor, and that once I got past Linette, everything would be fine. Well, I cannot get past Linette. I have found a different doctor.

September 23rd, 2011
Colonoscopy
I found Dr Lopes very patient and caring. I had a colonoscopy and asked a lot of questions. He was very patient and addressed all my concerns. When I came out I did not have any pain or discomfort at all.

April 30th, 2011
An Outstanding Human Being
Dr. Lopes has been my Gastro Doc since 1998..he is absolutely the best! He is thorough, compassionate, understanding, attentive an has a wonderful sense of humor. I would recommend him to everyone and anyone!

April 6th, 2010
The Very Best
I started with Dr Lopes back in 1990-91 as my primary care physican and am still thrilled to have him as my Gastro doc. He is what everyone needs and wants in a doctor. Five stars aren't enough for him. Any time I see him it's all about me. He takes his time with every appointment and is extremely thorough. He's up to date with all the latest info, meds and treatments. He listens to you and values what you have to say. He treats his patients like very valued patients and real people. He is definatly the best