Dr. Gary Jacobson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

April 26th, 2013
Great surgeon and super nice guy
Dr. Jacobson is amazing. He is a highly skilled surgeon but also a genuine people person. My dad is in his 70s and he has been seeing Dr. J for about three years now, and he has performed for him multiple procedures, including the most recent, which was placing a stent in his leg to address PAD symptoms. Dr. J is very personable and he patiently explains everything along with diagrams and he encourages questions. Although he has a busy practice he gives my dad his undivided attention and was fine with having the consults recorded on audio to share with other family members. The review claiming Dr. Jacobson is in it solely for the money seems ridiculous based on our families experiences. When he first discussed with my dad the possibility of a stent he told him it was an elective procedure, that it would likely help diminish or eliminate the pain in his leg with extended walking, but that it wasn't something he would consider to be a must-do procedure, that it was up to my dad. Dr. Jacobson closely monitored my dad's legs and never pressured him to move forward; it was only after two years that my dad opted to have the procedure, and it seems to have been very successful. Our family highly recommends Dr. Jacobson; he has that blend of experience, skill and bedside manner that one looks for in a doctor. My dad has seen multiple specialists after a quadruple bypass several years ago and while he has been fortunate to have been cared for by some wonderful physicians, Dr. Jacobson has hands-down been our favorite.

October 22nd, 2012
Excellent physician
I was so impressed with Dr. Jacobson. He was so knowledgeable, caring and took the time to explain and answer all my questions. I would highly recommend him.

March 30th, 2012
Wonderful Wonderful Doctor
Loved the guy. I ended up having 18 surgeries on my legs for blood clots and I wouldn't trust anyone else. He is the greatest. That is why he is so busy. The other comment was uncalled for. He is one of the top notch surgeon and I don't get the feeling that its about money with him. He even took time to call me at home himself to discuss some issues I was having returning to work after the loss of half my right foot.

March 5th, 2010
Very poor time-management skills
When asked why I had to wait he told me that surgery was scheduled the same day as he was seeing patients. This was done because the office was going to be closed the following week. Typical Translation: I need to see twice as many patients this week so I won't have a drop in income while I'm on vacation. After all the Beemer payment is due, the Country Club membership is due, and First Class airfare for my family to the Golf Resort must be made.