Dr. Gary Levine MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Mineola, NY

no change

April 10th, 2017
Ignored my Postpartum depression
Dr. Levine was OK during my pregnancy, but never had enough time to answer my questions. Seemed to always just want us to leave ASAP. At my 6 week postpartum appointment I told him through tears that I was not feeling myself "mentally". He completely blew me off and told me it was just because I was breastfeeding (I reminded him that I was not breastfeeding even though we had just had that conversation). He then told me that once I got my period I'd be fine. I felt so shut down that I didn't seek help for another 5 months, by that time I was considering suicide. I missed out on those first precious months with my son because I was so miserable. I'll never get those back.

February 13th, 2015
DR. LEVINE IS AN EXCEPTIONAL DOCTOR WITH OUTSTANDING BEDSIDE MANOR. HE HAS BEEN MY DOCTOR FOR MANY YEARS.

August 20th, 2013
Wouldn't go to anyone else
I adore Dr.Levine! I always saw female doctors until someone recommended I went to him and I would never go to anyone else. He is a wonderful & knowledgeable doctor and he has a great personality. He is proactive in treating issues. I had some cycle issues that were preventing me from getting pregnant and together we figured out the problem rather quickly and now i have a beautiful baby! I just wish he were the one on call when i delivered, but i was in great hands for 9 months!

August 10th, 2013
Unprofessional
This place is awful and unprofessional. They make you come-in every 6 months for a pap, even if you don't have any problems. Then he only gave me 3 months of oral contraception (the SAME brand that I have been using for 10 years), so I have to call them to have it extended. Then I got the reminder to make another appointment, and there was some "fast weight loss" folded in with the letter. It has before and after shots of women who have undergone "non-invasive body countouring." It was offensive and unprofessional. I have an appointment with a different doctor now.

July 6th, 2011
Dr. Levine is Wonderful
I used to go to another office but went to see Dr.Levine for a second opinion. The doctor I used to see said I needed to have a leep procedure because I had HPV. I have never had to go under so I was hestitant and wanted a second oppinion. Dr.Levine told me before we would go down that route we will do a cryo. A cryo is a less invasive in office procedure. That was two years ago and I have been having normal paps ever since. I am so relieved I went to see Dr.Levine.