A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary McCarthy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary McCarthy is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McCarthy
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. McCarthy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary McCarthy, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
Education & Awards
Dr. McCarthy graduated from Saint Louis University.
Dr. McCarthy has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Habersham County Medical Center
- Bluefield Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gary P McCarthy MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Gary P. McCarthy practice?
- Dr. Gary McCarthy has 2 office locations.
Dr. Gary McCarthy practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Bluefield, WV.
Additional practice locations include: Bluefield, VA.
See Bluefield Surgeons.