A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary McCarthy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary McCarthy is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McCarthy
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. McCarthy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary McCarthy, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
Education & Awards
Dr. McCarthy graduated from Saint Louis University.
Dr. McCarthy has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Habersham County Medical Center
- Bluefield Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gary P McCarthy MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Gary P. McCarthy practice?
- Dr. Gary McCarthy has 2 office locations.
Dr. Gary McCarthy practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Bluefield, WV.
Additional practice locations include: Bluefield, VA.
See Bluefield Surgeons.