Dr. Gary Orris Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gary Orris?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Gary Orris?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2017

The BEST healthcare TEAM ever!!

Dr. Orris has been my primary physician for several years. He and his team are the best. Not only do they take excellent care of my immediate medical needs, Dr. Orris coordinates, oversees and helps me make wise decisions regarding issues that require other specialist.

November 20th, 2015

Abusive Office Staff - Patient Beware

I’d been a patient of Dr. Orris for many years and needed to schedule my annual physical. I spoke to Patti to set the appointment. I let her know up-front that the appointment time was tough and I may need to reschedule. She said “no problem just let us know” and that’s all. The morning of my appointment I was called into work so I called to reschedule. I was and I am truly sorry that I couldn’t give them more notice. The receptionist was arrogant, condescending and rude. She treated me like a child and said “well just so you know you gonna have to pay a cancellation fee”. WHAT? That was NEVER MENTIONED WHEN I SET MY APPOINTMENT OR IN THE EMAIL REMINDER. The email reminder exactly states: ‘If you are unable to make this appointment, it is important that you call us as soon as possible so we can make other arrangements’. I told the receptionist this and she couldn’t care less. I asked to speak to Patti “Patti, I told you about my circumstances and that I might need to change my appointment time. You could’ve told me there’s an appointment cancellation fee but you didn’t. Why didn’t you tell me this when we first talked?” Patti became hostile and defensive. She literally yelled at me! “We have over 4500 patients and I don’t have the time to tell everyone I speak to about cancellation fees and besides it’s in your new patient paperwork!!” REALLY? You mean the paperwork I filled out 7 years ago?!? I love Dr. Orris and the nurse but I won’t be yelled at and abused by irresponsible, manipulative office staff. The whole experience was a nightmare. They’re deceptive and shady. No thanks, I’ll find a new doc.

February 6th, 2015

great experience

January 8th, 2015

Are there any better? I doubt it.

Want a highly competent Doc who can handle most any issue? He's the man.

January 6th, 2015

RUDE AND GREEDY

Dr Orris billed my insurance company for an "extended visit" Insurance wouldn't pay..don't blame them. Then when I needed a refill on a drug that CAN NOT be stopped abruptly, I was denied a refill and service unless I paid for the "extended visit" that insurance refused to pay. My medication I had been without going on day 2 was being held for ransom in a sense. Office staff is rude beyond what words can say. I was basically told "Pay this amount or no medication" DO NO HARM..HA!

March 9th, 2014

Could be exceptional but only a C- overall grade

I know you can't please all the people all of the time. ANY business is going to have their pluses and minuses, their good days and bad. I know that and to be fair, getting exceptional treatment and service from any medical office will have some of this, that and the other as outlined above. If the grading of the actual doctor was the only criteria, Dr. Orris would rate at least an A with me. But, when you factor in the other variables such as wait times, staff people, accessibility and getting phone calls returned, the grade scale with Dr. Orris takes a sharp turn downward and that's a shame because he and his operation could be top shelf. COULD be, but they're not. As many have already pointed out, his nurse assistant Kim is marvelous, but as has been already mentioned often, others like Patti drag the operation into the mud. I would suggest Dr. Orris bring a highly competent office manager into his operation to drill down into the day-to-day details of filing, followup and courtesy to all patients and be responsive to their needs. Until then? Dr. Orris, sadly, gets only a barely passing grade. Next move is on him.

June 13th, 2013

Dr. Orris is great, but...

Getting an appointment is extremely difficult. The appointments are always 1 week out or more, then the wait times are atrocious. You wait to go back to a room, you wait to be seen. I'm talking 1 hour or more. It's really ridiculous. I absolutely love Dr. Orris-he is a great doctor, but I do not know how much longer I can deal with the extreme wait times with every visit. I understand he is busy but so are his patients. Someone really needs to figure out how to run the practice more efficiently.

June 12th, 2013

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

First impression is always the 1st phone call, when Kim answers it is always friendly, when the business office answers always rude. God forbid you have an emergency or get sick because they will not see you. They do not understand your insurance and ask for payment in full and then when insurance pays them you can not get your money back even though you paid them. Dr. Orris is worth the wait he is excellent, very smart, takes the time to talk to you and smiles, makes you feel welcom. Kim is also wonderful, warm, upbeat and you know she cares. If you have any tests run or are sent to a specialist you will wait a lifetime before you get the results back... you may be in the grave by the time they get around to getting back to you. I go because of the doctor and Kim. The PA is also nice but would like to be told that I am seeing the PA and not the doctor. It is sad that if I have an illness or injury I can not go there because they will not get you in....

April 6th, 2013

Rock the house (that's in a good way)

Dr. Orris is highly competent, diverse in his knowledge, and converses on a personal level one-on-one as opposed to those doctors with a God complex and condescend. He's a busy doc but does take the time to answer any health related question, always has an excellent grasp of most any medical issue with a ready remedy recommendation. He also has a ER background in addition to his daily practice which sets him apart from other doctors in that his overall skills are sharpened by myriad medical challenges allowing him to call on this vast experience to offer up opinions on various personal issues quickly and competently. His well appointed offices have all the contemporary trappings of most any modern med office, i.e., computer monitors in exam rooms to call up X-Ray results or current patient records. If you need a prescription, Dr. Orris enters the necessary data on his tablet and the information is sent to your pharmacy on the spot, not later in the day or the next day, NOW. My only downside is his location which is about 20 miles from where I live but such is life. I recommend him without reservation.

November 26th, 2012

Staff

Front desk person is rude! Seems aloof and detached.

October 7th, 2012

Dr. Orris rocks!

Dr. Orris is the best doctor I have ever had. He is so nice, caring...genuinely a great person. He takes his time with you and never rushes. His nurses are fantastic.Now for the cons. I agree with the other reviews about his Office Manager, Patti. She is very rude, and all around unhelpful. She always seems to be in a bad mood. One time I called the office FOUR times to make an appointment, over a week's time. No one answered the phone even though it was during office hours. I left message after message, but no one called me back. Finally by the 4th message, I expressed by unhappiness about not getting a return phone call. A nurse finally called back and apologized. Patti handles the phones.I also find that when I call to make an appointment she always schedules me WAY out, never has anything soon. However when my husband calls, he can get an appointment the next day. She must really hate me!I have thought about leaving several times because of Patti-that's how bad it is. But as much as I do not like dealing with her, Dr. Orris is still worth putting up with it. He's that good. I hope one day he decides to make a staff change...his patients will thank him!

July 1st, 2012

He does not take medical conditions seriously, I constantly have problems getting all of my medicines from him I call and let them know what I need and I NEVER hear back from them then when I do I only get part of what I need when i continue to call and try to get what I need he told me "I am tired of hearing about your prescriptions that I could take them and get lost" it is not my fault that his staff cannot read fax numbers He said that he would call them in one last time than for me not to call back no problem however he lied and never called them in. As for followup, forget it, it was almost 2 months before I got the results from my mammogram and blood tests you will never get them. He has a variety of problems in his office and does nothing to fix them. Don't go!!