Gary Gross Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Gary Gross?

March 8th, 2017

I went to see him about a rash. He spent less than 5 minutes with me. He previously did a test for impetigo. I told him there was worse in my nose and he gave me yet another RX for a useless ointment(that a dr said should not be used on the face). He also diagnosed me with Rosacea and told me I would have to learn to live with it. I was sitting there in severe pain with my skin burning and my eyes practically swollen shut. I saw another doctor that told me it wasn't Rosacea and he didn't know what it is, I am currently seeing a dr at UVA for what may be a skin infection.

June 8th, 2015

Dr. Gross has a good sense of humor and is quite knowledgable. He doesn't spend too much time with you but I haven't had severe situations that would require that.

March 31st, 2015

He's the worst skin doctor ever I would never recommend anyone to this man. He doesn't care about what you have to say to him or anything. He tries to get you out fast and the appointment to see him will be a month later. I just wanted to cry. He should be FIRED!

March 23rd, 2015

Two strikes you're out

Dr Gross nearly always has a student, or once, his son, with him for appointments. He seems much more interested in interacting with them than doing exam. Strike one was when I pointed out a spot on the edge of a place on my nose where I had a basal cell cancer removed previously. He glanced at it and said it was nothing. I came back the next year and again pointed out the spot. He did a biopsy and it was basal cell returning. I had to have extensive surgery to remove it. It would have been much better if he had listened the first time. Strike two - for two years in a row I asked him about a spot on my back. The first time he gave me some cortisone, the second time he said it was probably just a keratosis. I have moved and my new dermatologist took one look at the spot on my back and said it needed to be biopsies. Turns out to be squamous cell carcinoma. So it has been growing for 3 year s thanks to Dr Gross's two second glance and being too busy talking to whoever is with him. The man shouldn't be practicing medicine.

March 4th, 2014

Didn't even look at me

I went to Dr. Gross with some suspicious growths. He entered with a nurse and a medical student who he was obviously trying to impress. He asked why I was there and I showed him the first area of concern. He glanced at it briefly and said, "That's nothing" and started out the door. I stopped him and showed him the mole that another doctor had advised me to have checked out. He gave it a glance and said, "Oh, that's nothing" and started out the door again. I said, "Wait a minute, Dr. Gross. I have one other mole that has changed colors and itches." Again he glanced at it and said, "it's nothing but I can take it off if you want". He never did a body check or spent over 5 minutes in the examining room with me. I don't know if he was trying to impress the med student or was late for a tee time, but he had no interest at all in me. I will not be going back.

September 18th, 2012

GREAT DR.

NEVER HAVE TO WAIT MORE THAN A FEW MINUTES. FOUND A MELANOMA AND REMOVED IT. FINDS THE PROBLEM FAST AND FIXES IT. NICE PERSON, NICE STAFF. SEEMS FAST, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE HE IS THAT GOOD.

July 12th, 2012

Just another number

The nurse I had was super nice. Dr. Gross and a medical student came in and checked my problem. Dr. Goss was luck warm and uncompassionate. I was rushed through and out the door in time. I was never asked any questions about my health. I went prepared with questions and was not given time to ask. I feel that Dr. Gross tries to impress his student and does not listen to the patient, the Visit cost me $200 and nothing was done for me.

November 3rd, 2010

Nurse was very brisk and uncaring; bordered on rude

-I didn't have to wait, DR was on time-I was never greeted by the nurse I had, she was EXTREMELY brisk and impersonal, when they suggested taking off a mole without numbing it and I told them I'd rather have the numbing, this nurse got a very disgruntled look on her (behind the DR's back) and actually ALMOST rolled her eyes at me, she continued to make payment comments to me as if she was afraid I was not going to pay my bill (I paid the non insurance portion of the medical expense right after this visit before I left); just really didn't appreciate her lack of caring and she did not remind me of someone who "cared" for patients at all. She seems as if she wanted to be anywhere but there. As a patient spending money her briskness was very unacceptable to me-Dr was ok; business oriented, not real talkative -receptionists were very efficient and nice and said they had had complaints about this nurse before-was in and out in an acceptable time-

June 18th, 2010

Dr Gross has a rude and degrading manner. His staff are cold.

February 6th, 2010

Great Doctor

I was nervous about seeing Dr. Gross due to some of the reviews I read. I was pleasantly surprised and had to respond. He was pleasant, timely, diagnosed my problem and explained it clearly, shook my hand and wished me well. What more could I ask for!

October 21st, 2009

no return call

afer sitting in the wait room for over an hour the doctor came in, spent less then 30 second looking at my skin and prescribed a oral and topical treatment and left. less then 2 minutes. The treatment further inflammed my skin, upon trying to reach the doctor, I never could speak with him and left messages, never to recieve a return call. Canceled my follow up.

April 7th, 2017