Dr. Gary Penny Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gary Penny?

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Gary Penny?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 29th, 2014

Dr Penny is an excellent caring physician. His expertise in psychopharmacology has made a tremendous positive impact on my life. I have never experienced anything but the most professional behavior from his staff.

August 6th, 2013

Dr. Penny was very professional and helped me for several years. I had some difficulty in the last few years finding the "right" medication/dose and had to make frequent visits. I ended up stop being a patient, primarily because there is a office clerk (his girlfriend) which can be very rude and makes you feel downgraded. I got to a point I dreaded calling to make appts. or to visit because I never knew how I was going to be treated by this one staff person.

July 31st, 2013

Although I am not 100% depression free at all times, I am better than I've ever been. I attribute my success at dominating the condition to Dr Penny's method of determining empirically (through questions & a chart) exactly what medication I needed to take. Always before, I had been prescribed a serotonin base medication until Dr. Penny was able to determine that my deficiency is dopamine not serotonin. This made the difference!

July 5th, 2011

Dr. Penny is a down to earth guy......

I have been with Dr. Penny for almost ten years. I see him for treating my depression/anxiety. If I have not found him when I did I don't think I would be here right now. He is a real person and talks to you like a human being. He can explain meds in lay terms. I feel very confident with him.The only problem is that his office manager/girlfriend is the spawn of satan. She is like a drill seargant. She enjoys giving medical advice and treating patients like they are three year olds. If you can get past her Dr. Penny is a dream.

May 19th, 2011

Dr Penny is highly intelligent but he is very easy to understand. He is kind and caring. I have had great success with him. He cares about the whole patient, and is interested in any and all input.His office staff is kind and caring. The personnel is always courteous and professional.

April 4th, 2011

The medication "cocktails" designed to help were worse than the initial problem

September 14th, 2010

Intelligent and devoted to his practice and patients

Dr. Penny is not one of those doctors who barely listen to you and just keep pushing different prescriptions at you & tell you to return in 4-6 weeks to see if the meds worked.He is the most knowledgeable doctor I've encountered in psychiatry who obviously spends a great deal of time researching, collaborating with other physicians works to come up with practical, viable and effective med combinations that allow you to live your life instead of endlessly take meds for a series of weeks, only to see it fail--and then be started on another experiment.Dr. Penny does research and is the best at uncovering the newest and best meds--most doctors will merely give you a tried-and-true med, and if it doesn't work, you're on your own.He is also a very caring and personable person--and his staff really care about you as a person and a patient.I highly recommend Dr. Penny to anyone still searching for a thinking doctor.

September 8th, 2010

Insisted I stay on Emsam an MAOI inhibitor that sent me into a rapid cycling manic depressive episode for three months. His girlfriend who is his receptionist/office manager intercepted my calls to Dr.Penny. When I could no longer tolerate the damage psychologically and physically, I told them I had to stop the Emsam, they terminated me as a patient. My life will never be the same; he was reckless with my treatment and damaged my life permanently.

May 24th, 2010

Would not reccommend

Physician treatment of patients is cold and lacks any real empathy. He may have a broad background in psychopharmacology (drugs for the mentally ill), however he is missing the human factor of caring and understanding which is of extreme importance when dealing with this patient population. He has a Receptionist who feels very comfortable giving medical advice, medication interaction information and other physician only type questions. Sometimes it is impossible to get an answer from the Doctor and you just have to go with with the Receptionist tells you (which she volunteers is not being provided by the doctor, just her own experience). It is very unprofessional not to mention unsafe. In addition, this is not a man who exudes warmth and acceptance. If you are looking for just a quick med check, he may be fine for you, but don't count on him when you're not feeling so well and need help.

February 9th, 2009

Dr.Penny and his staff have always returned calls in a very reasonable time. If there has been and unexpected need to see him, he and the office have worked hard to accommodate me.

February 20th, 2017