Dr. Gary Pepper MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 8th, 2016
Horrible, rude office staff
I make an appointment. I hadn't seen Dr. Pepper in a year and a half, but had been an established patient for many years. I received a call on the Thursday prior to my Tuesday appointment from his insurance girl requesting that I call my insurance company and verify my coverage as, and this is a quote, "I have 20 other patients to confirm coverage on and can't spend all my time on yours." (For whatever reason my insurance company was not being cooperative according to this lady). So I did what she asked, showed up for my appointment on Tuesday with the requested information, and was told I could not be seen as I did not have a referral from my primary! I told her we'd get it then but she said it was too late. I asked why, since I'd been coming there for years, and she responded with "This is a new insurance company and you haven't been here in a year and a half". Then WHY wasn't the need for a referral mentioned during the phone call on Thursday?? I asked to speak directly with Dr. Pepper, he refused. She told me he said to either get the referral or not be seen. (I didn't hear him say that, that's just what she conveyed to me). Then she said that he also added that if I didn't calm down they would call security!! Security!!! I've never been so humiliated and have since switched doctors.

August 6th, 2013
Bad experience all around
The worst office staff of any doctor I have ever been to. Rude, immature nasty. Any doctor who employs these idiots has to be incompetent in his own field. Very unstable.

July 6th, 2010
Highly Recommended !
Dr.Pepper was very attentive and concerned. Was very knowledgeable and showed a desire to seek out the problem. Listened to concerns and feedback in a professional manner. Am very happy with the doctor. The staff was very pleasant and had courteous personalities. The front desk girl could use a tad bit friendly disposition, She needs to know that patients are customers and customers pay her salary. Needs to have a little more gracious perspective. Knowing people are coming to the office with a lot on their minds with health issues to be concerned with. She should have a more welcoming and comforting perspective. The doctor should have someone there that reflects a concerned professionalism towards the patient. It is the first impression a patient gets of the office and should be a very positive one to set the mode of the visit. Again Thank You Dr.Pepper for being concerned about me and my health. I appreciate that in a doctor.