A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Poehling:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Poehling is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Poehling
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Poehling Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Poehling, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Diseases
- Joint Instability
- Joint Loose Bodies
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
Education & Awards
Dr. Poehling graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Poehling has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Lexington Memorial Hospital
- North Carolina Baptist Hospitals
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gary George Poehling MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 44 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Gary G. Poehling practice?
- Dr. Gary Poehling has 1 office location.
Dr. Gary Poehling practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Winston Salem, NC.
See Winston Salem Surgeons.