A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Portnay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Portnay is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Portnay, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Portnay graduated from Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago.
Dr. Portnay has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Winchester Hospital
- Winchester Hospital, Winchester, Ma
- Burlington Medical Group Pc
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Portnay accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 22 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans