Dr. Gary Hunter MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

February 8th, 2015
Not sure about the negative reviews but...
Okay, first of all let me say I had my surgery way back in 2002, liposuction on my inner thighs, outer thighs, and liposuction on my stomach. I had fat that rolled over on my stomach and pouches in my thighs, it was a hereditary body shape. Dr. Hunter removed all my pouches and after surgery my body looked so good (even in the white body suit and oozing blood) that I cried with joy. I thought he was awesome because he was aggressive with removing as much fat as possible. A few years after seeing Hunter I had moved and wanted another cosmetic surgery so I (based on previous positive experience ) didn't hesitate to have new work done, well let me tell you, after the second procedure it was like nothing was done, couldn't tell a difference. It's been years since I have been to Dr. Hunter but after reading all the negative reviews I am compelled to share my positive experience. I will add, the guy was older when I saw him more than 10 years ago...he has to be getting up there in age. Bottom line, if you want aggressive fat removal, go to HUNTER! I can't speak to anything else.

July 8th, 2013
I would give him a 0/4 if that was an option. Gary Hunter is the worst surgeon and should have his medical credentials taken away. I am a former patient of Dr. Hunter, and personally know several other patients who have all experienced long-term damage and issues directly related to surgeries he performed. Do your research, as I wish I would have- I URGE you to consider other qualified and talented doctors as your body and face will never be the same after he hacks in to it.

May 17th, 2011
Worst bedside manner
Just had an appointment with Dr. Hunter and I wasn't impressed at all. I went to him for a second opinion on having a cyst removed from my chest. I had another doctor drain it and I was just not happy with what the other doctor has planned...an out patient surgery and I would be completely put out for it. I wanted for someone to confirm or not confirm what the other doctor had plan. Dr. Hunter basically told to get to the point when I told him about my situation. He then said that I should just go back to the other doctor and that he recommended the other doctor. He then dismissed me and my husband. I would not recommend Dr. Hunter. I thought he handled this very unprofessional and should learn to be more decent with patients especially if they are seeing him for surgery. Surgery is a BIG deal and he should be nicer about it!

April 26th, 2011
I've had Dr. Hunter with 4 surgery's for basil and squamous cell cancer. He did an excellent job! All of them were on my face. My sister has had this same skin cancer and went to one of the best plastic surgeons at the Huntsman and U of U. However, as I am faced with yet another biopsy and possible surgery, I won't trust anyone but Dr. Hunter. I know he'll explain in detail and do whatever he can for minimal scars. I have a very small nose with 3 scars at different sides with different cancers. I have to point them out to people.

April 11th, 2011
incredible surgeon

February 17th, 2011
Surgery
He is paternalistic, did not listen, made no explaination for illogical variation of size of implants, did not measure accurately- resulted in deformed appearance, contracture, and excessive scarring. I have continual pain at sites and now have persistent peripheral edema

November 17th, 2010
Took only 2 hours to do procedure which my nurse said should take 3 hours. He also sewed my ear lob to the side of my head. As a result if I had ear rings, I could only wear an ear ring on one ear...

August 4th, 2010
mini armplasty
Dr. Hunter was very misleading on the size of scars I would have after surgery. He misrepresented the size on every visit and then after surgery down played it.

November 2nd, 2016