Dr. Gary Reasor MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Louisville, KY

January 16th, 2017
Outstanding
If not for Dr Reasor and his staff I would not be able to anything but remain in the recliner. I'm into the 6th with this practice and thank God for them. Their caring, their concern, their empathy and compassion for people in pain is awesome.

January 4th, 2017
Great doctor.
He listens. He questions. I like him a great deal.

October 7th, 2016
Simple and less costly
Dr. Reasor is a blessing. His charges are far les than a hospital. His facility is warm and welcoming. From arrival to discharge, it took me just 30 minutes to get an epidural shot without sedation. Best, the shot worked and my vacation was pain free. His phone tree for appointments is a pain although once you get to the right person, things are handled well.

January 5th, 2016
He saved my life.

November 20th, 2015
Excellent Dr

February 25th, 2015
BEST pain specialist in our part of a five state area!
I have been seeing Dr. Reasor for OVER four years! I went to five pain doctors before finding Dr. Reasor so I was well versed in pain treatment plus I had spent two years after college going to The University of Louisville Medical School until my MS became so severe that my Neurologist told me I could choose to chase my dream of becoming a Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon and become too ill from the stress of first going through five years of General Surgery and next, three of Plastic Surgery, to function or choose and easier pathway and live a much longer, healthier life! I chose the second, although I still mourn the loss of my dream. But having been in Medical School for half of the time before graduating and going on into my Residencies, I know all too well what it takes to be an excellent physician/surgeon and Dr. Reasor is that. He has a very kind/ well versed bedside manner and is often quite jovial plus we have some similar travel experiences which we share, putting me at ease with him, for each office visit. He has truly tried every modality to treat the various problems that I have on my long "laundry list" of problems that cause me to have severe pain. Dr. Reasor recently sold his practice so I'm hoping it doesn't change the way I was used to seeing my hero. I do like the fact that his son now is involved in his practice and hope he can help me have the access that I need to get things taken care of which change in my progress or lack of progress. I was a bit upset to be shuffled off to a brand new nurse practitioner in his office at my last office visit when I expected to see Dr. Reasor. It was obvious she had taken no time to become familiar with my complex list of conditions which Dr. Reasor was very adept at handeling but this young woman knew NOTHING about my conditions and was going to drastically cut my pain patches without understanding how they has been used for the last four years. I am now supposed to see someone in his office every month so that's a change too because I had become used to seeing Dr. Reasor every three months, since he was all too familiar with my needs and simply reviewed the write up my husband does of what occurs between each office visit so Dr. Reasor has office notes that we supply which make our visits easier to deal with and to keep on tract.

February 22nd, 2015
Highly recommend
Dr. Reasor and his staff are wonderful. He has a terrific bedside manner and my diagnosis and surgery, and recovery went all very well.

September 19th, 2014
Me, too!
I have only been a patient of Dr. Reasor's for three months, but so far I couldn't be more pleased. I was particularly impressed by his patience and attentiveness at listening to my personal story of woe, which I am sure he has heard hundreds of times from others. Equally as impressive is that this same patience and attentiveness is reflected in his staff. All are extremely friendly and appear to enjoy working there. In fact, one staff member told me that very thing -- that the environment there was so much better than other practices where she had worked. I have had one diagnostic procedure and one multi-level, lumbar RFA. The full efficacy of the latter has not "kicked in" yet, but I have every confidence that I am on my way to a much more fulfilling life with considerably diminished pain.

April 15th, 2014
Dr. Gary Reasor Louisville, KY -- excellent in all areas.
While I could give a long version of my happiness after 11 years as his patient, I'll skip the usual 'great doctor' hoo-rah. Lousy docs in any field don't carry me for long -- surely not 11 years. Having spent more than a quarter century as newspaper writer, I'd lke to believe I can differentuate the junk and the bunk from real work. I have found Reasor and his staff totally professional and helpful.. Working in the difficult area of pain management, I have found Dr. Reasor to be attentive to any difficulty I have had with an insurance company or governmental agency from bureaucratic silliness to simply stupid to find an answer for a question I have. Good practioner made better by his attention to detail. One of very few MDs I count upon for more than depositing my check into his bank occount.

February 19th, 2014
Top pain doctor in Louisville/Southern Indiana area
I have been going to Dr. Reasor for over four years and can commend him for a fun sense of humor which puts you at ease plus he will work on all possible methods to decrease your pain. I have been to five other pain doctors and he's the ONLY one I recommend.

July 23rd, 2013
Denied before even seeing
I was referred to this doctor and denied even before being seen based solely on a KASPER. There was no phone call asking for clarification on anything. They had no knowledge of my history with the exception of my initial note from my Internist. What that tells me is that you are placed under scrutiny even before you walk in, just like most other physicians. <attach addict stigma here> I ended up being sent to a PM who did nothing but spoon feed me narcotics and perform unsuccessful epidurals. I would have appreciated the opportunity to be treated instead of medicated. I have solid documentation of multiple spinal tears and herniations. Appreciate the compassion.

March 5th, 2012
My best physician on my team of doctors.
Dr. Reasor is the most kind and intelligent physician on my team of doctors. I live with a multitude of sources of pain and he is the ONLY one who has taken the time to deal with each source. I can't imagine what I would do without him!