Dr. Gary Reese Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Worst Doctor I've Ever Had

Posted on November 20th, 2015

Both my psychiatrist and my GP (who have known me for years) suggested I see a neurologist about my seizures, and my GP recommended Dr. Reese. Reese was rude, condescending, and hadn't looked at any of my information beforehand. He constantly interrupted me and then made me repeat myself because I "wasn't clear the first time". He dismissed the idea that I had seizures and refused to explain his reasoning or what else it could possibly be. When I started asking about different types of seizures, and pointing out that seizures like simple partial ones aren't accompanied by convulsions, he told me "yes, well, you aren't the neurologist, are you?". He ignored my dad's presence entirely and wouldn't answer his questions. And after every time he inerrupted me, he would sigh and say, "Is there anything else you need me to listen to?" as if he didn't actually care what I had to say, and was only there because I was paying him to listen to me babble. I was scared, in pain, and wanted someone to listen to me and make me feel like there were answers somewhere. Reese not only failed to fulfill those basic requirements of a doctor, but managed to make my father and I feel completely ignored, hopeless, and angry. I wouldn't trust this doctor with my paycheck, let alone my life. Run away. This man is a doctor in title alone, and is basically only here to swindle you out of your money.

Wake up, it's 2014

Posted on June 9th, 2014

Although I had no choice as an inpatient recently for a consult, I will not follow-up with this doctor. In this time we live in, this old-school thinking, white-coat syndrome causing, god-complex way of medicine is long gone. Time to retire as a treating physician and think of teaching, though definitely not on the subject of bedside manner or listening skills. I can't remember a time since my youth when I was treated so rudely by a physician. Did you forget that just like with any other goods or service in this day and age, people have a choice? If your "brand" and service in treating bodies and lives is not superior, we'll just move on until we find one that does!

Posted on April 22nd, 2013

If you ever need to reschedule an appointment last minute due to illness/family emergency you will be told to find a new neurologist! I had to reschedule a Monday morning appointment because I came down with the stomach flu on Sunday & was told I could not reschedule because I didn't give 24 hours notice! I called as soon as the office opened Monday. I don't know what they expect you to do since you cannot leave a message over the weekend.

He listens!

Posted on October 23rd, 2012

I had the priviledge of meeting Dr. Reese during an emergency visit to the ER at Scottsdale Healthcare. He saved my life with a correct diagnosis when 3 other doctors had missed it. His philosopy (along with his brilliance in neurology)is that the patient will give the dianosis if you listen. So true. He has the most wonderful bedside manner I have ever experienced in a doctor, especially a neurologist! I spent over a month in the hospital and he sometimes visited me twice a day as it was a serious and rare disease.

Dr Yahoo....

Posted on August 23rd, 2012

Guy is bad - Actually took a call from another patient during my appointment - Ok so may have needed to take the call but please excuse yourself from the room while you have the discussion with the other person (about their meds and stuff) - Hello HIPPA - I agree with some other posts I think the guy is ripping off the insurance companies. Staff also bunch of jerks probably due to having to work this this bozo. Do yourself a favor and go to someone else.

Super Doc.

Posted on March 21st, 2012

I have been a patient of Doctor Reese for many years. I have referred many of my family and friends to Dr. Reese. Dr. Reese resolved many of my neurological issues. During an office visit, I mentioned to Dr. Reese that I had a forty year history of migraine and daily headaches. I had been treated by doctors all over the United States. Dr. Reese has made me headache free for almost two years. It is happier life for me. I would recommend Dr. Reese to everyone.

Dr. Jerk

Posted on March 9th, 2012

This guy needs to find another profession!Rude, arrogant, and self centered.Did not address the issue I went to his office for (but had no problem billing my insurance company).I had to start all over with a different doctor.

Posted on February 18th, 2012

Arrogant, hostile, rude, condescending and no empathy for his patients whatsoever. Our visits averaged about 6 minutes each over the course of 3 years. He is highly proficient insurance scam artist.

patient (former)

Posted on February 7th, 2012

he never looked at me? asked questions,? had no time WASTE of time and money. sad,,,,,ins pays these docs,which is why costs are so high. I'll pay the 100 out of pocket just to save my credit? sad

Insurance bilker

Posted on January 3rd, 2012

I took my 85 year old Father to reese for a perscription to help my father sleep at night. After ~15 minutes, reese diagnosed my father with Alzheimers. We were told to get an MRI (which we did). The next appointment was 2 months later to discuss MRI results (this is two visits to reese, one MRI). Although we were the first appointment, reese was thirty minutes late. At the end of the second appointment, reese said he was a neurologist and did not write perscriptions for "sleeping pills". He laughs all the way to the bank after bilking the insurance companies for $$$$.Adios dr. jerk.

Posted on December 2nd, 2011

Dr. Reese is a brillant and caring doctor. He has treated me since 2005 and I remain symptom-free as a result of his expertise. Once when I had to go to the ER, the ER doc called him on a Sunday and Dr. Reese provided recommendations. After, I was able to get into see him twice in two weeks to follow up and make sure the issue was resolved.

Fewer Like Him

Posted on October 27th, 2011

Dr Reese goes beyond the norm in caring. His treatment of my epilepsy for the past 10 years has given me a life without seizures. Something I have lived with with most of my life. But as I have aged he has greatly controlled my Parkinsons as well. Above all this he cares about me overall and always checks to see if all other of my areas of medical are being taken care of. Any concern I have he is right there to assist or help me get the help I need. Always is glad to see me even if I stop in the office with a question or to just say hello, I helps me to know he cares. His staff are a reflection of him too! They are always willing to help with a good sense of humor too.