Internists, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

South Scottsdale
Neurological Physicians
7331 E Osborn Dr
Ste 110
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
480-947-7671
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Wake up, it's 2014  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2014

Although I had no choice as an inpatient recently for a consult, I will not follow-up with this doctor. In this time we live in, this old-school thinking, white-coat syndrome causing, god-complex way of medicine is long gone. Time to retire as a treating physician and think of teaching, though definitely not on the subject of bedside manner or listening skills. I can't remember a time since my youth when I was treated so rudely by a physician. Did you forget that just like with any other goods or service in this day and age, people have a choice? If your "brand" and service in treating bodies and lives is not superior, we'll just move on until we find one that does!

Apr 22nd, 2013

If you ever need to reschedule an appointment last minute due to illness/family emergency you will be told to find a new neurologist! I had to reschedule a Monday morning appointment because I came down with the stomach flu on Sunday & was told I could not reschedule because I didn't give 24 hours notice! I called as soon as the office opened Monday. I don't know what they expect you to do since you cannot leave a message over the weekend.

|  He listens!  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2012

I had the priviledge of meeting Dr. Reese during an emergency visit to the ER at Scottsdale Healthcare. He saved my life with a correct diagnosis when 3 other doctors had missed it. His philosopy (along with his brilliance in neurology)is that the patient will give the dianosis if you listen. So true. He has the most wonderful bedside manner I have ever experienced in a doctor, especially a neurologist! I spent over a month in the hospital and he sometimes visited me twice a day as it was a serious and rare disease.

|  Dr Yahoo....  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

Guy is bad - Actually took a call from another patient during my appointment - Ok so may have needed to take the call but please excuse yourself from the room while you have the discussion with the other person (about their meds and stuff) - Hello HIPPA - I agree with some other posts I think the guy is ripping off the insurance companies. Staff also bunch of jerks probably due to having to work this this bozo. Do yourself a favor and go to someone else.

|  Super Doc.  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2012

I have been a patient of Doctor Reese for many years. I have referred many of my family and friends to Dr. Reese. Dr. Reese resolved many of my neurological issues. During an office visit, I mentioned to Dr. Reese that I had a forty year history of migraine and daily headaches. I had been treated by doctors all over the United States. Dr. Reese has made me headache free for almost two years. It is happier life for me. I would recommend Dr. Reese to everyone.

|  Dr. Jerk  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2012

This guy needs to find another profession!Rude, arrogant, and self centered.Did not address the issue I went to his office for (but had no problem billing my insurance company).I had to start all over with a different doctor.

Feb 18th, 2012

Arrogant, hostile, rude, condescending and no empathy for his patients whatsoever. Our visits averaged about 6 minutes each over the course of 3 years. He is highly proficient insurance scam artist.

|  Dr. Reese saved my husband.  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

My husband has been a patient of Dr.Reese since Nov of 2011. During that time I can honestly say that Dr.Reese showed professionalism, knowledge, compassion and a true desire to save my husbands life and help me understand, deal with the severity of his condition. Dr.Reese has always been available and responsive to our concerns and questions. I trust him and believe that he is a sincere professional. We feel very blessed to have him treating Daniel.

|  patient (former)  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

he never looked at me? asked questions,? had no time WASTE of time and money. sad,,,,,ins pays these docs,which is why costs are so high. I'll pay the 100 out of pocket just to save my credit? sad

|  Insurance bilker  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2012

I took my 85 year old Father to reese for a perscription to help my father sleep at night. After ~15 minutes, reese diagnosed my father with Alzheimers. We were told to get an MRI (which we did). The next appointment was 2 months later to discuss MRI results (this is two visits to reese, one MRI). Although we were the first appointment, reese was thirty minutes late. At the end of the second appointment, reese said he was a neurologist and did not write perscriptions for "sleeping pills". He laughs all the way to the bank after bilking the insurance companies for $$$$.Adios dr. jerk.

Dec 2nd, 2011

Dr. Reese is a brillant and caring doctor. He has treated me since 2005 and I remain symptom-free as a result of his expertise. Once when I had to go to the ER, the ER doc called him on a Sunday and Dr. Reese provided recommendations. After, I was able to get into see him twice in two weeks to follow up and make sure the issue was resolved.

|  Fewer Like Him  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2011

Dr Reese goes beyond the norm in caring. His treatment of my epilepsy for the past 10 years has given me a life without seizures. Something I have lived with with most of my life. But as I have aged he has greatly controlled my Parkinsons as well. Above all this he cares about me overall and always checks to see if all other of my areas of medical are being taken care of. Any concern I have he is right there to assist or help me get the help I need. Always is glad to see me even if I stop in the office with a question or to just say hello, I helps me to know he cares. His staff are a reflection of him too! They are always willing to help with a good sense of humor too.

|  Dr. Reese is Kind, Careing & Thorough  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2011

I met Dr Reese when he treated my father in the hospital, & found him to be very careing & very thorough. Several months later I had a stroke & Dr. Reese was on call at the hospital again. He was very kind and reassuring, being that I was only 54 yrs old & very suprised that I had suffered a stroke. He came every day to see me & give me the results of tests he had ordered. I would highly recommend Dr. Reese as he is an excellent Neurologist.

|  Definitely recommend  |  show details
May 19th, 2011

I am a young individual that was diagnosed with a severe neurological condition about one year ago by Dr. Reese and have been seeing him ever since. He has taken the upmost care in seeing back to full health, and despite some of the ignorant comments I have seen on this website, I would certainly recommend him to any patient.

Apr 28th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Reese since 1992. He diagnosed and has been treating my M.S. ever since. I highly recommend Dr. Reese.

|  I am sure he is a brilliant man...  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

As a patient I have nothing good to say. I had seen Dr. Reese on a few occasions for some neuro problems I was experiencing. It was a frightening experience, yet he made me feel like I was just another crazy hypochondriac. He did not even listen to what I was trying to tell him. The last time I saw him, I had an appointment scheduled and his office was aware that I was coming in from overseas. He flat out told me he did not have time to talk with me about the problems that I was having at that appt. and made NO efforts to work me in. I have never been treated so poorly by a doctor!

|  wait times  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2011

After wating for an hour, I met the rudest man in the planet. I have half a mind to complain to the AZ medical board about his attitude. Condescending and disrespectful!

|  Used to work for his answering service.  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2011

I have thankfully never been a patient, but I used to work for his answering service and based on that experience I have come to detest him. The whole point of being an answering service is taking a message and relaying it to our client. However with Dr. Reese and his staff it was always a painful experience. He would always be exorbitantly rude. Just asking him how he was doing when he first called up lead to a venemous response. Along with being directly insulted with profanities included. He is a micromanager, everyday was a challenge because he makes demands on things that we already do, then he would scream at you and tell us that we are wasting his time. His point was to denigrate you into a roach. Alot of these doctors, especially neurologists, forget that we are only taking a message and passing it to them, it is a dead end job with ok salary, but for some reason clients like him think we are their emotional whipping boys. Grow up you jack ass, and act like a professional. I am so happy now that I have a career where I speak to nothing but professionals unlike the majority of jack asses in the medical profession.

|  He's a good doctor  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2011

I believe Dr. Reese is a great doctor I have been seeing him since I was little. The staff has always been friendly to me and they actually have answers for me as does he. He cares about his patients health and when I have questions about anything he can give me answers even if he has to get back to me!

|  100% Jerk  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2010

I brought an elder family member to see reese (lower case intentional, and NOT a doctor in my opinion).Left more confused than when I went in.reese would not do anything until he had x-rays of my relative (an MRI). When we went to discuss the results of the MRI, reese acted like he was not going to do anything more for us. He took the insurance company for a ride, and laughed all the way to the bank!

|  Would NOT Recommend!  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2010

Would NOT recommend reese to ANYONE!He was 30 minutes late for my appointment, did not take time to review his oun notes from the previous office visit (I went to his office twice).The first office visit he sent us to a lab for blood work and another lab for an MRI.The second office visit ~4 weeks later, had to ask for the results of the blood work and MRI, and then his expalnation was VERY POOR!Acted as though we were wasting his time.He is taking his patients insurance money, and patients money and laughing all the way to the bank.

|  Hostile Staff  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2010

My wife enjoys her visits with Dr. Reese, however, we dread dealing with his staff. They are ALWAYS abrasive, rude and sometimes outwardly hostile. They obviously hate their jobs.

|  Refuse to see you again if you miss an appointment!  |  show details
by Patient on Dec 12th, 2009

Went to Dr. Reese for many years but canceled a scheduled appointment within 24 hours. The following day I attempted to reschedule and the secretary refused to schedule another appointment or even let me speak to the doctor. She told me to find another Neurologist!

|  Dr. Reese  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2008

I have been going to Dr. Reese for more than close to 8 years. I have known Dr. Reese for 20 years. He is extremely knowledgeable, especially when it comes to restless legs!!! He has definitely saved me from many, many nights of restless sleep. I think he's wonderful, the staff is very efficient and helpful.

|  Saved my husband's life  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2008

He saved my husband's life after my husband came down with meningitis.

Jun 9th, 2008

We found that Dr. Reese Diagnosed my wife's Alzheimers with one hospital visit and ne testing,Officw visits have been very short and not terribly friendly. This experience is not the norm for other doctors we see. I know Dr. Reese is very bright and very busy and I hope I'm not misjudging him.

Nov 21st, 2007 on yahoo.com

An excellent neurologist. Friendly listens to your concerns, answers your questions, is even willing to work late to squeeze you in earlier then the next availability.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com