Dr. Gary Allen MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 12th, 2012
Saved my life
I have never written a review - I don't rely much on reviews of others whom I don't know personally. It is fair to assume that people might have influences that are not relivant to the issue, yet they use the power of the internet to write slanderous comments. My review while simple and quite unremarkable - becomes just a bit more important because it follows the negitive review I had just read about this doctor. So, for what it's worth - here is my short story. I had been told by my Cardioligist that my heart was functioning at less than 30% - I was a high risk for surgery because of other medical complications. I had recieved 3 different opinions from three specialists/surgeons. I decided to put my life in the hands of the doctor i felt most comforable with,. Needless to say, the results were outstanding - I feel 200% better than I had - and my quality of life has trippled - not once, did I get the impression that there was any motive other than my health, repairing the problem and my recovery. The surgeon, and the entire hospital staff conducted the most professional yet personal services to me and my family. Thank you, and please keep doing what you do... most of us are grateful beyond words or measure.

January 8th, 2012
successful valve replacement, patient died.
The doctor seems to want to operate and collect the fees, no matter what the risk to the patient. In the State of Florida, the doctor can NOT be sued for malpractice unless sued by a spouse or child under the age of 26. This doctor is very aware of this fact and loves those patients that are widowed and the children are over the age limit to sue. The doctor did operate on my elderly mother who wanted only to get better. Against the advice of her cardiac specialist, who didn't think she would survive. The valve replacement went fine, however, after 10 days of suffering, it was revealed that this surgeon nicked the Vegas nerve during the surgery which caused labored breathing and eventual organ shutdown. Not once did this surgeon apologize or acknowledge his error. My mother was taken off of life support and died within minutes. This doctor no longer operates at Memorial Regional hospital due to a local reputation for this kind of behavior. He is still PRACTICING at his craft, don't let him operate on your loved one. This doctor seems to be a money hungry, cold-hearted, hunter looking for patients that are ignorant of the Florida mal-practice laws. I am sorry that he received any compensation for his dis-service to my dear mother.

May 15th, 2017