A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Shapiro is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shapiro
Hip Replacement Patient Education Read our hip replacement patient education guide and learn all about surgery and replacement options.Before Visiting Dr. Shapiro Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Shapiro, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Wright State University, Dayton. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gary S Shapiro MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Gary S. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. Gary Shapiro has 1 office location.
Dr. Gary Shapiro practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Sarasota, FL.
See Sarasota Surgeons.