A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Shapiro is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Shapiro, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Wright State University, Dayton. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 23 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan