A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Shapiro is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shapiro
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shapiro Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Shapiro, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Wright State University, Dayton. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gary S Shapiro MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Gary S. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. Gary Shapiro has 1 office location.
Dr. Gary Shapiro practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Sarasota, FL.
See Sarasota Orthopedic Surgeons.