Dr. Gary Shapiro MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 31st, 2015
CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION
Went to see this guy for a knee/shoulder injury the guy walks in the room with a condescending arogant smug attitude says why are you here when I tried to tell him he said it's been two months and you should not be in pain I have an mri report that suggests a surgical fix but he says if you aren't walking I'm not doing surgery hello can't wait bear but no surgery to fix why I can't walk also I'm in pain because when I got hurt the injuries include my ankle knee mid to lower lumbar and shoulder and the other dr at kwoc had me on meds for pain and I was due to refill the prescription I was called a drug seeking f$@king piece of s@$t and to get the f out of his office he's not going to be my Dr any longer and I could not return to the facility either so if you need orthopedic help this dr and facility is not the place unless you like being treated badly for seeking help for obvious problems

June 14th, 2015
Callous jerk. He enjoys mocking patients and literally tossed a cheap plastic leg brace at me that was arranged backwards (I could buy one at any drugstore for 30.00) When I stated I did not know how to put it on, he laughed, snorted and walked out of the room. He later charged 560.00 to me - kind of like a 900.00 toilet seat - only free insults included. Little shop of horrors Dentist comes to mind

December 2nd, 2014
lack of bedside manner
Dr. Gary Shapiro of Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Orthopedic Practices left a negative impression on me and my family He has no bed side manner, is curt and acts like he is above it all. I come from a family of physicians Dr. Shapiro can learn a thing or two about bed side manner, and really care about his patients. Not thrilled about his attitude. That is one thing that medical schools lack in teaching physicians how to treat their patients. Dr. Shapiro needs a refresher course on his manner and how he treats his patients, whether they are new or old patients.

February 15th, 2014
The Only Sports Medicine MD That Cares For My Kids
I am a physician in Sarasota with four children who have all been active in sports as they grew up. Dr. Shapiro is the only sports medicine othopedist I have taken them to when they have been injured. Over the past 20 years that has accounted for many visits. I and my children have great confidence in his opinion and treatment. He is an excellent orthopedist in all respects.

March 7th, 2013
W/C patient
Because I was a w/c patient, I was referred to his office for a second evaluation. If your quick to judge, you won't wait for the results. Dr.G found a brake the first Dr. missed.Personality misunderstanding aside, he proved to be determined to see a complete recovery with complete satisfaction as to what I saw and felt about the outcome. Compare that to my numerous experiences with past doctors and I will tell you, on of the best experiences aside from Dr. Baker OBGYN, and Dr. Makey in Bradenton,these three doctors made me glad they went into medicine. I recommend them to everyone! And I'm a cranky Southern women who doesn't appease easy.Again, thank you Dr.G!!!And Lori, his physical therapy miracle worker!!!

August 29th, 2008
Very Professional and Helpful
My son broke his leg and Dr. Shapiro handled everything beautifully. He made sure everything was done in a caring professional manner. We are extremely pleased with his experience and ability to handle all issues that came up.

January 27th, 2017