Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Jun 14th, 2015

Callous jerk. He enjoys mocking patients and literally tossed a cheap plastic leg brace at me that was arranged backwards (I could buy one at any drugstore for 30.00) When I stated I did not know how to put it on, he laughed, snorted and walked out of the room. He later charged 560.00 to me - kind of like a 900.00 toilet seat - only free insults included. Little shop of horrors Dentist comes to mind

lack of bedside manner show details lack of bedside manner
Dec 2nd, 2014

Dr. Gary Shapiro of Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Orthopedic Practices left a negative impression on me and my family He has no bed side manner, is curt and acts like he is above it all. I come from a family of physicians Dr. Shapiro can learn a thing or two about bed side manner, and really care about his patients. Not thrilled about his attitude. That is one thing that medical schools lack in teaching physicians how to treat their patients. Dr. Shapiro needs a refresher course on his manner and how he treats his patients, whether they are new or old patients.

The Only Sports Medicine MD That Cares For My Kids show details The Only Sports Medicine MD That Cares For My Kids
by David L Mobley on Feb 15th, 2014

I am a physician in Sarasota with four children who have all been active in sports as they grew up. Dr. Shapiro is the only sports medicine othopedist I have taken them to when they have been injured. Over the past 20 years that has accounted for many visits. I and my children have great confidence in his opinion and treatment. He is an excellent orthopedist in all respects.

W/C patient show details W/C patient
by Satisfied on Mar 7th, 2013

Because I was a w/c patient, I was referred to his office for a second evaluation. If your quick to judge, you won't wait for the results. Dr.G found a brake the first Dr. missed.Personality misunderstanding aside, he proved to be determined to see a complete recovery with complete satisfaction as to what I saw and felt about the outcome. Compare that to my numerous experiences with past doctors and I will tell you, on of the best experiences aside from Dr. Baker OBGYN, and Dr. Makey in Bradenton,these three doctors made me glad they went into medicine. I recommend them to everyone! And I'm a cranky Southern women who doesn't appease easy.Again, thank you Dr.G!!!And Lori, his physical therapy miracle worker!!!

Very Professional and Helpful show details Very Professional and Helpful
by Hagan on Aug 29th, 2008

My son broke his leg and Dr. Shapiro handled everything beautifully. He made sure everything was done in a caring professional manner. We are extremely pleased with his experience and ability to handle all issues that came up.