Dr. Gary Schmidt MD Patient Reviews

January 5th, 2016
Dr. Gary Schmidt is an excellent orthopedic surgeon.

November 16th, 2015
I've had a total ankle and tarsal tunnel release with Dr.Schmidt. He is an excellent surgeon and truly cares about his patients. Definitely worth the 2 hour drive! I've recommended him to several people

April 9th, 2015
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
I was so skeptical of having surgery on my ankle but from my first visit I had a complete comfort level that I was in great hands. Surgery was a HUGE success. Dr. Schmidt and his staff are excellent.

March 26th, 2014
My case is very complicated, this was my fifth total ankle replacement. The problem after my surgery was my foot became introverted ...thus unable to walk. Had a second surgery to make the foot correct itself, still intraverted a bit. Have Not been able to walk without a cam boot, has been almost a year . Now hoping thru yet another surgey to release pinched nerve and remove inflamed bursa. We are hoping this will be it! Good doctor, good personality, takes his time with you. Nurse Kathy is great...he just has a patient with some jacked up issues. Hoping this next surgery corrects. Would I recommend Dr. Schmidt...yes.

October 17th, 2013
same foot problems a year after surgery but know numbness
Was fast and friendly as soon as he found out I only had two months left on a large deductable for my insurance he said I had mortons nuroma and tarsol release syndrome well we made a schedule right away (bad idea) but was referred to me by my back dr who was his partner in his practice well 1 year later still have weak legs and pain and also half my foot is numb and feet get real hot or real cold after a year it really changes your life he had his nurse tell me that there was nothing more the dr could do by telephone and left it on voice mail and said I should go to a differant dr

April 5th, 2013
Excellent care!!!
Dr Schmidt is extremely well trained and explains complicated issues well. I am so very grateful that I found him for relief of a horribly damaged and painful ankle from a fall 16 years ago. Since the replacement of my ankle with the latest in technology, I can already walk with grace and confidence. Pain is minimal, and I'm told as I complete my PT, it will all get even better. His nurse Kathy is also excellent and very supportive. I can wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Gary Schmidt.

March 5th, 2013
reference
great Dr . very nice, full confidence in him

February 18th, 2013
Thankful
I can truely say this is the nicest and most considerate doctor's office I have ever been in. The hospital was also superb. It was not the kind of service i would receive locally. I would recommend him to all of my friends.

September 11th, 2012
Not helpful for my complex case
I was excited to go to him and during the (very short) visit, he was convinced that my only problem was a non-union of my fusion that had been done by another surgeon. I had a CT scan and that wasn't the problem. What is worse is that he had his very dismissive nurse call me and basically tell me there was nothing to be done. I am in my early 20s and he told me to just deal with severe pain and instability for the rest of my life.I was very disappointed with my visit and it was a complete waste of time and money.

August 2nd, 2011
Very rude and disrespectful. I was told he was a good surgeon but had a poor bedside manor. I understood that going in but never expected to be treated so poorly by a physician. Staff is no help.. If you don't ask questions and just do as you're told, you probably wont have any problems.

June 17th, 2011
No attention given for a non-surgical yet painful injury
He was in with me about 3 minutes per visit, (3x), he didn't isten to me or tell me what waht my probelms were. He never went over the MRI with me other than have the nurse call me. He disappeared after talking to me, thus the appointment was over. I was told by his staff on more than on occassion that he was too busy to speak with me. Surgically he might be fine, but for a non-surgical injury it's clear you're wasting his time and thus you won't be given any time! I'm now looking for a doctor to treat me.

October 26th, 2010
Had two foot surgeries with outstanding results!
He is the best foot and ankle surgeon in Saint Louis! Highly recommend!