A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Sclar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Sclar, MD, PHD is board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology and Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Education & Awards
Dr. Sclar graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Sclar has 6 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
- Mt Sinai Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sclar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gary D. Sclar practice?
Dr. Gary Sclar practices Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY and Rego Park, NY.
See Brooklyn Neurologists.