Dr. Gary Shapiro Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gary Shapiro?

December 24th, 2016

Avoid doctor

Very nervous, self centered. Nurse judgemental

February 4th, 2016

Nurse is completely lacking knowledge about medication but freely gives incorrect answers. Doctor seems nervous and does not fully address issues.

January 30th, 2016

Dr Shapiro gave me my life back. He's done surgery on my cervical spine as well as my lumbar spine. I now can function without pain. As far as I'm concerned, he walks on water.

July 5th, 2013

Need Back Surgery

After my consult with Dr. Gary Shapiro about two herniated disks, I walked away with a confidence & respect for him as a doctor & a surgeon. On the other hand, his nurse "Tracey" is an extra, extra large buggy-eyed know it all annoyance! I dislike dealing with her because she comes across as stressed-out, burnt-out, thinks she knows everything, (she clearly doesn't!) the tone in her voice is unpleasant and rude! I'm shocked Dr. Shapiro has Tracey as his main nurse, she's unhealthy and a down right bad reflection for his entire practice!

March 5th, 2013

Above and Beyond

Was in need of a specialists to really pin point my true back injury. After several failed attempts with other specialists I came across Dr. Shapiro. He spent a good hour with my husband and I on our first visit. Explained in detail and in language we could understand what was going on. Even showed an image on my MRI to us and again explained everythign to us. We were so pleased, impressed and happy with Dr. Shapiro, we did not hesitate and scheduled surgery. He was amazing everystep of the way and his bed side manners are GREAT! Even when i ended up with a complication (NO Fault of the Dr!!!!) Dr. Shapiro was right there doing what he could, and calling who he knew to help and for that i thank him greatly. Dr. Shapiro even came in to check on me when i was re-hospitalized and called to check on me as well! Would refer him without a doubt to anyone, without hesitation.

January 25th, 2013

Bad Bedside Manner

Dr Shapiro is obviously smart, but that is where the compliments end. He appeared angry and short with me and I noticed with the staff as well. In my opinion he is stubborn and hot headed. As one review below put it: EGO MANIAC!... I could not agree more.

May 13th, 2010

Excellent spinal surgeon

I was diagnosed with a severe lower back condition in my mid-30s and sought opinions from several spinal specialists. Dr Shapiro was recommended to me through a work colleague. Dr Shapiro went through my results in detail with me and explained my options and why he recommended a tailored surgery for my treatment. He took the time to explain, answered my questions, and while I wasn't able to avoid surgery altogether, he took a minimally invasive approach. Tracey (his nurse) is excellent, and I would highly recommend Dr Shapiro for any spinal issues you may be experiencing. A few months after surgery, I was much improved.

February 11th, 2009

egomaniac

Egomaniac. Don't waste your time. See others in the area.

December 4th, 2008

Best Physician I have Ever Had

Dr. Gary Shapiro is a "miracle worker"- literally. Below, I have detailed the circumstances that led me to Dr. Shapiro. Gary Shapiro, M.D., along with his nurse, Tracey Silvio, R.N., are/have been the most thorough, responsive, honest, caring, "down to earth", KNOWLEGEABLE Medical Professionals I have ever dealt with (due to the progressive nature of my back problems, I am now in the process, after 4 years, of arranging a third surgical procedure.)

September 25th, 2017