Dr. Gary Slaughter MD Patient Reviews

2.7

July 18th, 2016
Very good Dr.
Very solid general dermatologist. Spends time to help understand my skin issues. Focused on best options for me and my skin.

October 8th, 2014
Worst MD I have ever seen
I went to Dr Slaughter for Melasma on my face, and requested Laser to be done. He stated "Yell I have heard a thousand people say they want laser and do not get it." I told him I was not a thousand people and I can afford the laser. I ask him how much does it cost and I promoise his response was "You tell me, you the one that want it." I started to walk out, but being a professional I looked at him and just shock my head. He wrote me a prescription for Tru-Lumen. I ask him how many refills and he stated shrugging his shoulder "it makes me no differents to me 1 month 2 months or 12 whatever." I know you are only to use this for 8 weeks but he did not care. The ---with this no good, none caring piece of a doctor. I will never walk in his office again, and hopely no one else will. HE IS A JOKE AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS NEED TO BE REPORTED TO THE BOARD OF PHYSICIANS.

June 19th, 2014
Only about money
I was referred to Dr slaughter by my primary care doctor for a rash on the side of my face. His assistant looked at it and decideded to do a biopsy. After taking the sample he said " oh you don't have insurance, that will be an additional $108.00". When I told him I couldn't pay it he said that if he noticed I didn't have insurance he would not have done biopsy. He gave me some cream to treat the rash. The rash got worse and I returned to my primary care doctor who called Dr Slaughter. Turned out that I needed an antibiotic. I still have the scar from the biopsy and rash that was not treated in a timely or correct way.

March 1st, 2014
Disrespectful and inefficient
Dr slaughter made me feel at fault for the problem I had and even said it was gross. He was judgemental and did not provide any proper education or directions for prevention. His staff then failed to send in my prescription and put me on hold for an unreasonable amount of time

August 4th, 2013
Very impressive
When I arrived at the Office, I was able to get in with no wait. He corrected all my skin issues and he treated very well. He took time to get to know me as a person, He also made sure I knew what to do for long term care. I was very impressed.

July 8th, 2013
Terrible Experience
Dr. Gary Slaughter sucks! I was referred to him for hair loss. He rushed through my appointment, didn't listen to my concerns. He told me to come back for a biopsy, yet he didn't even look at my hair. This appointment was a waste of time and money!

February 25th, 2012
Keep Searching...
I decided to visit Dr. Gary Slaughter Jr. despite reading the negative reviews because I was given his name by one of his patients. I too felt as if he had someplace else he needed to get to as I was telling him about the reason for my visit. I felt as if he wanted to be in the room long enough to check the box and get paid. I did not feel as though he was concerned about me as a patient. I felt as though he was treating me as if I didnt have insurance or was asking for something for free. He also prescribed me the maximum strength of one of the creams which broke me out (my issue was not severe enough for the maximum strength and this was my first time being prescribed this medication; therefore, he should have prescribed a lower strength). I would still recommend Charlotte Dermatology, just see another doctor.

December 6th, 2011
I would not return to this doctor
Neither Dr. Slaughter nor his assistant would get a good review in my opinion. He was very fast, and deferred to his assistant for answers???????? His diagnosis might or might not have beencorrect, but he hardly spent enough time with me to turn around. Neither wanted totake the time with me to answer my questions or clarify treatment options.

May 3rd, 2011
Abruptness
Dr. was very abrupt. Seemed to be in a great hurry and no explanation of what he was going to do. I didn't know until after, that he was doing a biopsy and no instructions were given for care of the site.

April 23rd, 2009
poor personality
HE DID ONE BIOPSY, LEFT ROOM AND HADCERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT DO FOURBIOSIES. QUESTION I HAD, WOULD BIOPSIESBE SENT OUT TO LAB. ALSO, SAID THEY COULDDO TESTING AT THEIR FACILITY.

May 13th, 2008
Not professional. Does not know why you are there for the appointment. Says things and then denies them. Never go to this doctor!