A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Steinberg:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Steinberg is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Steinberg, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 31 areas:
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Ischemia
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid Stenosis
- Central Nervous System Vascular Anomalies (Brain Vascular Malformation)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Experimental Radiation Injuries
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Gene Therapy
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Intracranial Embolism and Thrombosis
- Middle Cerebral Artery Infarction
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Steinberg graduated from Stanford University. He has 14 awards.
Dr. Steinberg has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gary Kenneth Steinberg MD and PHD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Gary K. Steinberg practice?
- Dr. Gary Steinberg has 3 office locations.
Dr. Gary Steinberg practices Neurological Surgery near Stanford, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Jose, CA and Palo Alto, CA.
See Stanford Surgeons.