Neurological Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
Stanford Hospital and Clinics
300 Pasteur Dr
Stanford, CA 94305
650-723-5575
Locations and availability (3)

• Currently 3.4761904761905 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.6190476190476 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Father  |  show details
by TJ McDowell on Feb 28th, 2013

Gary Steinberg is a brilliant gifted man. He saved our sons life. Can't say any more than that except that he has great people skills to boot. A very rare wonderful guy.

Nov 19th, 2012

This Dr. is rude rude rude rude., not to mention egotistical

May 10th, 2012

I had the the best experience with Dr. Steinberg and staff.I was diagnosed by neurologist in Fresno, who then referred me to Dr. Steinberg. With in 1 1/2 weeks I had my first STR-MCA surgery to the right side of my brain.. I is always a professional and kind man and he got me in to surgery right away, he feared I would have a massive stroke/ hemmorage.. I will always recommend this Dr.. he is the best for Moyamoya disease.

|  Catastropic Right Thalamic CM surgery  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2012

I had right thalamus surgery 2 years back by Dr. Steinberg and have severe deficits after the surgery. This surgery should not have been recommended.

|  Ruined my life after doing unnecessary brain surgery  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2012

Please be aware. He suggests unnecessary surgery without emphasizing risks. I am much worse after brain surgery which was really not required.

|  Assuring from far away.  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2011

Dr Steinberg is assuring and his staffs are professional. I had serious depressions, anxieties and eventually suicidal for 2 years. A suspected tumor deep in the brain was thought to be the cause. Finally I was operated and though not a tumor it was excessive tissue growth that had affected me. Today, I feel 99%. I flew in from Singapore for treatment though home is next to the hospital at one time. Dr Steinberg, I thank you!

May 29th, 2011

He is #1 saves many people lives - knows what he is doing !

Mar 3rd, 2011

BEST DOCTOR EVER....

Jul 22nd, 2010

an amazing doctor. I saw him twice before surgery and I had no fears or hesitation.

|  Dural AVM  |  show details
by Romeo dela Vega on Jun 28th, 2010

Life threatening advice I took regarding doing surgery. Had swishing sound 24/7, headaches due to trauma car accident that caused dural avm. After surgery and 8 years later, health in good condition.

|  He's a lifesaver  |  show details
by Victoria on Jun 15th, 2010

Dr. Steinberg is simply the best. He was the only doctor we felt was able to handle my sister's giant arteriovenous malformation. We came out to California from Texas for treatment, and the trips have been worth it. His staff is amazing... Joli, Mary, and Theresa, in particular. We have never had to wait even a day for him to get back to us.Dr. Steinberg works closely with a number of different doctors to best treat the patient, which is better than a "one-person" approach.Not only is he a great doctor, but he is a wonderful person. He is very caring, and he is always interested in getting to know you and your family.My sister has had complications due to her disorder, but Dr. Steinberg has done everything he possibly can to help her, and he is in constant contact with her neurosurgeons back home in Texas.

|  Wonderful Man & Doctor  |  show details
by Denise on May 10th, 2010

Highly recommend Dr. Steinberg to anyone with a neurological condition. I flew from NY to CA to have my surgery. The right/best Dr. for my type of tumor. I mailed my CT/MRI dics to him and in 3 days he was on the phone calling me to fly because he could help me. The doctor here said he thought he could help me.

|  HI  |  show details
May 3rd, 2010

HELLO DR. STEINBERG THIS IS CONNIE RUIZ RODRIGUEZ GIRLFRIEND AND I HAVE HEARD ALOT OF GOOD THINGS ABOUT YOU. I HOPE I CAN MEET YOU SOME DAY. THANK YOU