Gary Steinberg MD Patient Reviews

April 14th, 2016
Dr. Steinberg is truly the world expert in treating Moyamoya Disease. His reputation is "spot on" and I truly own him my life. He treated me with the utmost respect, courtesy, and sensitivity. There aren't enough words to describe my gratitude to this doctor.

December 21st, 2015
My mom wouldn't be here today without him
Dr. Steinberg did both my mom's surgeries after she was discovered to have THREE aneurysms and one had already ruptured. She was admitted to ICU and he promptly scheduled her emergency surgery for the following day, which went better than anyone expected. He did her second surgery to clip off the second aneurysm around 6 months later and continues to monitor a third, much smaller, aneurysm to this day. He's the absolute best

February 28th, 2013
Father
Gary Steinberg is a brilliant gifted man. He saved our sons life. Can't say any more than that except that he has great people skills to boot. A very rare wonderful guy.

November 19th, 2012
This Dr. is rude rude rude rude., not to mention egotistical

May 10th, 2012
I had the the best experience with Dr. Steinberg and staff.I was diagnosed by neurologist in Fresno, who then referred me to Dr. Steinberg. With in 1 1/2 weeks I had my first STR-MCA surgery to the right side of my brain.. I is always a professional and kind man and he got me in to surgery right away, he feared I would have a massive stroke/ hemmorage.. I will always recommend this Dr.. he is the best for Moyamoya disease.

April 21st, 2012
Catastropic Right Thalamic CM surgery
I had right thalamus surgery 2 years back by Dr. Steinberg and have severe deficits after the surgery. This surgery should not have been recommended.

April 20th, 2012
Ruined my life after doing unnecessary brain surgery
Please be aware. He suggests unnecessary surgery without emphasizing risks. I am much worse after brain surgery which was really not required.

October 14th, 2011
Assuring from far away.
Dr Steinberg is assuring and his staffs are professional. I had serious depressions, anxieties and eventually suicidal for 2 years. A suspected tumor deep in the brain was thought to be the cause. Finally I was operated and though not a tumor it was excessive tissue growth that had affected me. Today, I feel 99%. I flew in from Singapore for treatment though home is next to the hospital at one time. Dr Steinberg, I thank you!

March 3rd, 2011
BEST DOCTOR EVER....

July 22nd, 2010
an amazing doctor. I saw him twice before surgery and I had no fears or hesitation.

June 28th, 2010
Dural AVM
Life threatening advice I took regarding doing surgery. Had swishing sound 24/7, headaches due to trauma car accident that caused dural avm. After surgery and 8 years later, health in good condition.

June 15th, 2010
He's a lifesaver
Dr. Steinberg is simply the best. He was the only doctor we felt was able to handle my sister's giant arteriovenous malformation. We came out to California from Texas for treatment, and the trips have been worth it. His staff is amazing... Joli, Mary, and Theresa, in particular. We have never had to wait even a day for him to get back to us.Dr. Steinberg works closely with a number of different doctors to best treat the patient, which is better than a "one-person" approach.Not only is he a great doctor, but he is a wonderful person. He is very caring, and he is always interested in getting to know you and your family.My sister has had complications due to her disorder, but Dr. Steinberg has done everything he possibly can to help her, and he is in constant contact with her neurosurgeons back home in Texas.