Dr. Gary Swann DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

August 29th, 2016
Nice nurse rude Dr
o not use this Dr! He has no compassion for his patients or your unborn child! when I called him crying and scared that I was having a miscarriage he acted completely uninterested and was super nonchalant about the whole thing like "hmm your bleeding? That's not good, I guess you should go to the ER" during that convo he was more concerned telling me over and over (lying I might add) about how he DID call me back the night before when I was crying in pain at midnight! Trust me I was laying right near my phone waiting for it to ring! Maybe some people are ok with a Dr. who acts like that but I assure you I am not! After that phone call with him (the morning after the cramps and pain) I immediately found a new Dr. She help comfort and console me over the phone and actually explained things to me...asked me if I had any questions and set up an apt for me to come in and get checked out ect. I really just felt like another paycheck to Gary Swann and I don't feel that with my new Dr! I'm so glad to have switched

August 5th, 2016
Don't trust Dr.Gary swan he showed up to the hospital a hr. Late assault me and put my wife and unborn child in harms way he is no good I wouldn't let him take care of a dog let alone the one I love he abandoned my wife she was all prepared for c. Sec. And had to get up and find another Dr. The same day to help her and deliver our baby the next day .....

January 26th, 2016
Dr. Swann is arrogant and rude, very unprofessional. Always had to wait well over 30 minutes just in the waiting room not including having to sit and wait in the exam room. As a registered nurse myself this is unacceptable I can see once or twice but this is every appointment! I switched Drs halfway through my pregnancy and when I told him that was my decision he just stood up and walked out my exam room without saying a word or listening to anything I had to say so just very unprofessional can't even take contstructice criticism!

March 1st, 2015
If it wasn't for him I would have never thought about having my second child. Had c-sections with both my girls and he was amazing! You can barely tell I was ever cut. Staff is amazing also......always was takken back before my appointment time and most often I was leaving before my appointment time. Always answered my questions. He even cut the cord a bit longer with both my girls so my Husband could "cut the cord"! I would refer Dr. Swann and his staff to anyone looking for a doctor in this area.

January 13th, 2014
BAD DOCTOR!!
I thought I was getting a good doctor when I went to him but it turned into a nightmare. He can only handle easy-peasy pregnancies. I had high-blood pressure with my son and he put me on some old-fashion medication for it that made feel I was carrying around 3 people on my shoulders. In the end I ended up having an emergency c-section because of it and he came into my room 3 days later and basically treated me like a horrible person because it and said my baby almost died because of me! He had me in tears so bad I could hardly breathe. He also told the nurses to treat me badly. Also I hope your not having a boy because Dr. Swann won't do his circumcision till a month after he's born. I didn't find that out till my son was born and there was nothing I could do about it. A day before his 1 month appointment, the nurse called to say they would need to reschedule my appointment for the following week because he wouldn't be in the office. I told her there was no way my son was gonna wait another week. He obviously doesn't believe in circumcision and does this so parents end up not doing it. Beware!!

July 17th, 2013
Highly Recommend
I was 41 when I became pregnant. I previously had a miscarriage and was concerned about what the future would hold. I discovered Dr. Swann and could not have been happier! Dr. Swann monitered me closely. When it came time for my little bundle of joy to enter into this world...Dr. Swann was right there, completely full of support. My little AJ came into this world at 4.3# and was 100% healthy! I could thank Dr. Swann and his staff enough for all the care and support they gave me.

October 23rd, 2012
Great OB/GYN
This doctor is amazing. He has delivered my 4 children and cared for me. He is the only Dr. I have had for over 10 years. He receives high rating from me and my family.

July 31st, 2012
This is a great doctor. If you have had bad experiences in the past. This guy will make you feel right at ease. Nice office staff. Small office, you don't feel like a number. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

February 14th, 2012
WORST doctor EVER!!!!
I was referred to this "doctor" by another doctor... Even tho his office was quite a drive, I decided to make an appointment. The office staff was very friendly; however, upon meeting the doctor, my experience took an immediate 360. In our initial consultation, we started talking about difficulties (with pregnancies) that I'd had in the past, and was not getting the best feeling. He proceeded to ask what medications I was taking, and when I responded that I was prescribed a benzodiazepin for severe anxiety, he looked at me as though I had 3 heads. I kept going. I then mentioned that I was in a treatment program for past addiction, and he stopped me and stated that he would not be my doctor. He didn't say this in a sympathetic manner, but a very cold, callous, and demeaning fashion that made me feel as big as a microbe. I am an educated, sensible professional whom happened to have an issue that was being addressed, and he, in essence, kicked me out of his office for being honest and straightforward. I have NEVER been made to feel so horrible in all my life! He then continued, insinuating that he intended to contact the doctor (my son's pediatrician) whom had referred me, as if to inform him of this "issue"!!! I only wish I knew what agency to report him to...

January 3rd, 2012
do not become his patient
Worst doctor! before finding out the problems I have developed (diabetes) I would get an angry scowl and a mean inquiry as to my weight, like I was hoarding down cookies all day when i wasnt.. Then he sent me out to the hospital for testing bc he doesn't have ANY equipment there and then gets mad at me when the docs at the hospital ordered other tests, like we went behind his back or something. and recently I find out that he wishes to wait until week 40 to put me on schedule for my second c-section that i have to have- --my baby is estimated at 8 lbs as of today and he wants to wait another whole 4 weeks to schedule my surgery. so basically my baby will be like what 15 pounds when she/he comes out??? when I have told him of my body dilating and when I asked him questions as to such he never CHECKED me for anything he just shrugged it off and said it was normal. I felt as if I couldn't even talk to him as to why he wanted to wait so long to get my baby out- he is intimidating. when my older child gets sick or i cant get away from work, and I try to reschedule my apt his staff get upset with me and try to make me feel like a horrible mom and that I am not putting my baby first? They leave me rude angry voice mails. I never argue with them or ask "why" I just do as he tells me and he still finds reasons to talk to me like a child. i wouldn't recommend him to anybody who could possibly have a complicated pregnancy. he will only be happy with u if your pregnancy was straight shot perfect.

January 3rd, 2012
This doctor sucks
he is my ob right now im sick and went to the er. i have gestational diabetes too so i need to be monitared more frequently. im at 36 weeks now and my ultra sound weighed my baby at 7 lbs i now this is an estimate but this doctor wants to wait till the 1st of feb to get her out due to the fact i need a c-section im about to give birth to a 10 lbs baby. and when my other son gets sick and i need to reshedual he tells me i should find a new doctor. what kind of doctor is this. i already had one c-section and need another if i burst it is all on him

August 5th, 2010
GREAT OB!!!!
I had Dr. Swann as my OB during my pregnancy which was very complicated i may add; and he was very attentive to my needs. During my last trimester I had to go to the hospital almost every week and he sends you to the ER in case something happens, bc he is not equiped at his office to deliver or deal with complications! A hospital is! and each time he called the hospital and asked if he needed to be there and told them what to do with me and he came a few times as well, and when it comes to respect, i tried out a couple doctors before choosing him and he was very respectful torwards me and my mother is now a patient of his as well and she also enjoys him!