Dr. Gary Blum Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gary Blum?

April 20th, 2017

I have seen Dr Blum several times for a couple different injuries. From the appointment scheduling on the phone, checking in at the desk, nude taking me back to the examine room, and my examination with Dr Blum, has always been a pleasant experience. His receptionist is always very friendly and accommodating. His nurses are very friendly. I have never waited more than 10 minutes in the waiting room, And the same in the examining room. Dr Blum has always made me feel comfortable during his examination. as well as his diagnosis. He has taken the time to explain what was wrong, and my options. I recently had surgery, and I had A-one care! From the minute I got there, until the minute I left! I've read reviews that were not very nice. But for me, Dr Blum and his staff are #1 to me! I give them 👍🏽

January 21st, 2017

Failed surgery

My know still hurts more after his arthroscopy

December 10th, 2016

So Rude

April 18th, 2016

Dr. Blum did what he could to save my arm and leg considering the extensiveness of my injuries. He was very straightforward and didn't sugar coat the future of my recovery. I appreciate his honesty

December 29th, 2015

hardest time settimg up an appointment. always approx. a 2-3 week wait.

December 23rd, 2013

bad at returning calls or checking on no class

July 10th, 2013

Messed up my surgery

First of all the positives: Dr. Blum is knowledgable and is part of a very reputable medical group. His mom is the receptionist and is very nice. Big tv in waiting room usually tuned to espn. The negatives: -Wait time is atrocious. Once my combined wait time starting from my appointed time till I saw him was over 1.25 hours. Average time for my 4 visits was probably 45 min+. -He screwed up my surgery. Broke my humorous in a spiral fracture. He put a plate in but managed to damage my ulnar nerves. I could not move my wrist upwards or to the side, I also had the grip strength of a toddler. His original estimated time away from work before surgery was 3-4 weeks. I was out over 3 months. He scheduled an appointment for me to see a nerve specialist. Did testing to confirm an error was made during surgery. He made me pay for the bill!!! I have good insurance and I still had to pay $150 out of pocket for the visit to the specialist to confirm his mistake! I called to confirm that I had to pay this bill because I was appalled and his nurse said he was busy and it was my responsibility to pay! The muscle atrophy in my arm due to the fact it was pretty unusable without wrist movement was disgusting. I was very active before surgery and considerably stronger than the normal person. It took over a year of PT and going to the gym to get my strength back after my nerves healed. In total, it took 1.5 years for me to be where I was prior to breaking my arm. After making me pay for the visit to the specialist, I found another doctor. He was everything Dr. Blum wasn't. -other negatives include the feeling that he is rushing through his visits because he is so backed up. I would wait nearly an hour to see him for under 10 minutes. Maybe spread out your appointments better? Also, longer time spent with the patient would help in informing them better. I never felt fully informed even after asking specific questions. He always seemed in a rush. -his nurse is very brash. She has no time for your questions. -you are a dollar sign to Dr Blum, not really a patient. I understand he is young with a young family and is still paying off huge school debts but we deserve more of your time. -one last thing, my scar is approximately 8 inches long and not straight. It's as if I tried to draw a straight line with my opposite hand with my eyes closed. Several doctors said it was a terrible stitch job (I work in a hospital and know surgeons of different specialties). I don't really care since I'm a guy but girls may care about the appearance of their scars.

November 27th, 2012

Took approximately 5 minutes to completely miss a diagnosis. I don't think he even took the time to look at MRI images before coming into the exam room. Do yourself a favor, find someone else.

May 23rd, 2012

Dr. Blum is very caring and always smile...he has that ALOHA spirit :)Staff also friendly...

December 16th, 2011

This doctor is very arrogant and did not spend the time with me that I felt was necessary to review my problem. Save your money/time and go see someone more caring

July 15th, 2011

This doctor should be avoided - triple bookings and loooong waits, all for a mediocre doctor with a horrible bedside manor.

June 30th, 2011

He was excellent, we took our daughter for a second opinion, and he excellent. Took the time to explain injury, and addressed all of our concerns.