Dr. Gary Talpos Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gary Talpos?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Gary Talpos?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 12th, 2015

Dr. Talpos is excellent and I am very thankful I found him.

June 4th, 2015

Patient

Gary Talpos was recommended by my BCBS primary care physician. He said he was the best for sports hernias in the State of MI. Drawback was he was in Detroit and I'm in Kalamazoo. I drove to Detroit for meeting with Dr. Talpos where he examined me and immediately knew I needed bilateral surgery to repair damage. He took time to explain procedure to me and even rushed my surgery appointment at my request. On day of first surgery, he was present and came to talk to my wife and I. He was very patient and answered all of our questions. He was honest, clear and direct. After my first surgery, he told my wife that it was tougher than anticipated and that he was concerned about reoccurance if I don't do exactly what he advised. He was clear about recovery time being longer due to extensive damage. So far it is 8 days after surgery and I wish I was further along. I'm frustrated because I wanted to be feeling closer to normal. Lots of incision pain (two incisions instead of expected one) and still numb and burning sensation on skin in the area. Mid-day is best when I feel closer to normal. Next week I go in for second surgery on other side. I put all my trust and faith in Dr. Talpos. He relates extremely well to athletes. He understands the need and desire to get back to your sport (mine being hockey). I also am a full time fireman so he relates well to need to get back to work where I cannot have any restrictions. If you need hernia surgery (and I'm sure any other),,, Dr. Talpos is your guy. He seems to know what he is talking about, detailed in the description when answering questions and patient. Great personality and very comfortable being in his care. I'd go to him if it was an 8 hour drive! Thank you for everything....

April 1st, 2015

To "was not expecting a pleasant experience--and most definately didn't have one"

I too experienced Murphy's law and I have plenty of time to discuss PTSD. Wondering if you would relive your experience?

April 24th, 2013

love dr. talpos

I met dr talpos about 15 years ago...i had a tumor in my throat that was near my voice box he removed it with no problems and you cant even see a mark on my neck...now my 16 year old son had double hernia on each side of his groin and he has done both surgeries and my son loves him also...I would recommend dr. talpos to anyone,,,sometimes there is a wait but he is sooo worth the wait!!!!!

October 11th, 2012

Excellent Surgeon

Dr. Talpos gave me excellent care during and after my Thyroid surgery. I could be happier with his care and his work.

June 27th, 2012

appt. was at 9:oo am saw dr. at 10:20 am way to long of a wait almost gotup and left.

January 20th, 2011

Worth the Wait

I was originally upset because ot the wait to see him. My opinion changed when he gave me all the time necessary to explain the procedures that I would undergo, the difficulty of the surgery, and the chances of success. He doesn't look at his watch and try to hurry out. Best of all his excellent technical skills saved my life.

December 9th, 2010

was not expecting a pleasant experience--and most definately didn't have one.

From what I understand whatever could go wrong. You know the rest. Murphy's Law all the way. I know I am suffering from ptsd with my experience. Just trying to hold. One visit I waited for a whole day over 4 hours was told it was an emergency.Little did I know at a later date-i would be an emergency also.I could write a lot more, but I can relive the experience at just about anytime if you have the time.

June 29th, 2010

Great Doctor

One of the best doctors I've ever been to. Excellent staff. I had a hernia and had heard that he was the best in Detroit. It's been a year and I've had absolutely no problems. On top of it all he was very friendly. Just recommended him to a friend.

September 7th, 2017