A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Tanner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Tanner is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Tanner, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Tanner graduated from University of Arkansas , Little Rock. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Tanner has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Riverside Regional Medical Center
- Riverside Tappahannock Hosp Inc
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tanner accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Sentara Health Plans - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 23 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 35 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 7 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gary A. Tanner practice?
Dr. Gary Tanner practices Ophthalmology near Newport News, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Yorktown, VA.
See Newport News Ophthalmologists.