Dr. Gary Tarshis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 23rd, 2013
Fantastic Experience
I was able to walk-in and be seen in the time it took me to fill out the new patient paperwork which was about 5 minutes. Friendly staff on the phone, at the receptionist, and Dr. Tashis was friendly and funny. It was 2 seconds after the MA left the room and he walked right in. Good explanation of what was happening and what would happen for follow-up. I learned that his office also had Sat/Sun office hours as well which is good to know in the future. Overall had a very pleasant experience and will continue to use Dr. Tashis and Expresscare Plus for future medical needs!

April 10th, 2012
Good guy, talked to me for a long time.

January 2nd, 2012
Informative doctor.
Easy to talk with, compassionate.

January 2nd, 2012
Great, knowledgeable, cares very much.
Informative, compassionate doctor.

July 7th, 2011
Professional
I like a doctor who is a straight shooter and to the point. He has been spot on with me over the year and 1/2 I have seen him and I am very comfortable discussing and dealing with any issue we need to.Even though he does not spend a huge amount of time he is accurate, listens and answers questions and has been a breath of fresh air - I have never left feeling in question of results or confused.

September 9th, 2010
He has been my primary care Dr for almost 20 years, I like his honesty and his medical knowledge, so would find his bedside manner a bit rough, but he saved my life several years ago when he insisted I see a uroligist and it was prostate cancer, I would not of gone it was caught early

November 18th, 2009
I think Dr. Tarshis is a very capable doctor
I have had Dr. Tarshis as a family practice doctor for the past few years and he has always been professional and curteous in his duties. He is one of the best doctors that I have had over the past 35 years of adult life.

February 15th, 2009
Horribly uncaring
I went to the urgent care and happened to get Dr. Tarshis. I had bad uterine cramping and was in severe pain, and since I was leaving the next morning for my grandmother's funeral, I wanted to be checked and treated so I was not in excruciating pain for the trip.Dr Tarshis didn't seem to believe me when I told him he didn't need to check me for STDs and he told me that I likely had a pelvic infection due to one. Since I have been married for years, I was more than a little insulted at his automatic assumption that either I was lying or that my husband must be cheating on me. He sent cultures off for testing and put me on an antibiotic. I asked if he could prescribe something for the pain while the antibiotic kicked in since I had to travel. He told me "If it hurts that badly, then don't go to the funeral. I'm sure you can go visit her grave another time." And no, he did not give me anything for the pain.A week later I got a call and (shock of shocks) all my cultures came back NEGATIVE. So, needless to say, I have a very low opinion of this man. If I had the time or energy, I'd have reported him to the medical board for his horrible bedside manner and lack of adequate treating.