Obstetrician & Gynecologist
401 Warren St
Ste 300
Redwood City, CA 94063
650-365-9997
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Try again  |  show details
by Amy K on Oct 5th, 2013

I started off referring people to him but then realized he really isn't a good doctor. Gary Toig is all about how much money he can make from you, he will argue with you about your symptoms and causes and such and come to his own conclusion without looking at all the facts. Considering it's YOUR body you should know something about it right? Not with this doctor, he quickly comes to wrong conclusions and runs with it. Save your money and your time which you need allot of since he doesn't take you in till hours after your appointment, and find a better doctor.

|  MOST RUDEST AND INCONSIDERATE DOCTOR  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

My mom had been seeing this Dr. for a number of years. He is the rudest, inconsiderate, stuck-up doctor we have ever met. He doesn't know how to an elderly person and lacks compassion! We stayed with him because he came highly recommened. Always made mom wait an hour or two.We would lose time off of work. Our appt. would be at 330 and he would see patients who had appt.'s after ours & we'd end up the last appt. at 5-6pm. He'd schold her as if a child and make her feel uncomfortable and cry. She was always nervous to see him. After waiting 1-2 hrs. the office visits lasted 15 minutes tops!! * I don't recommend this dr. for anyone especially for the elderly *.

|  Too bad the longest we can select is an hour  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

I've waited longer than two hours for this doctor. He's not worth the wait.

|  Excellent Doctor, Will Spend Time With You, Special and Nurturing Practice  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2011

Excellent doctor who stays up-to-date in his field. He will always spend as much time as you need with you. And he does this with every patient so sometimes the office doesn't run on-time. But you have to give the guy a break because he does deliver babies for a living and that can through anyone's schedule into disaray. He will personally deliver your baby and will never deligate it to anyone else. The night I had my first child, he was caring for two patients in the delivery ward and he actually slept in the hospital like an intern just to make sure we got all of the care we needed. I can't say enough amazing things about this doctor.

|  show details
Aug 16th, 2010

Positives:Dr Toig knows a ton about medications and is happy to provide them easily. I met one girl who refered to him as the "candy man". Negatives:This is not a patients-first practice. He is more interested in making money. He cares about you when something has gone wrong and he is at fault. Make sure and think for yourself in you see this doctor.

|  Very responsive to patient concerns  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2009

The day I walked in to see him as a new PCP I mentioned that I was trying to conceive a child. After a few questions, he pulled out an ultrasound to see if I was about to or had recently ovulated. So this guy really listens and responds. He takes time with each patient... which means he's often behind schedule, but that's OK with me.That being said, his approach seems to over-rely on medicine at times. We never did find out why I was having trouble trying to get pregnant, because he immediately put me on fertility drugs. That was his approach to every ailment, was to give drugs, even while I was pregnant. He didn't seem terribly understanding of our preferences for natural birth and conception nor our religious restrictions on what approaches we could take to infertility nor for my emotional wellbeing following a loss. He's more than competent. He's a very good doctor. And he'll really listen, but he wants free reign to try every approach, not tailoring the regimen to the patient's desire. He solved my infertility problem and delivered my child. I just wish I didn't have any "but"s to add.