Dr. Gary Vandenberg MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 23rd, 2015
Amazing & compassionate!
I can't say enough about my experience with Dr. Vandenberg. I had an abdominal hysterectomy and he was amazing! I lost faith in my local GYN to perform the procedure and was recommended to Dr. Vandenberg from a friend. I saw the Dr. for my initial appointment and was scheduled for surgery the next week. He visited or called me personally every day in the hospital and to top it off he called me at home 3 days in a row to check on me after my release! Amazing! I will never go to another GYN again!

April 29th, 2014
D

April 1st, 2013
I have never met a doctor whose motives were more suspicious than Dr. Vandenberg. I see him sometimes when my usual doctor is unavailable. He will conduct tests or send things to labs that you do not ask him to do, or even if you explicitly ask him NOT to do so - he actually did a pap on me last year, before a full year had elapsed since the prior year, such that insurance did not cover it. It is unclear to me whether he is being "thorough" or whether he just wants the fees for each procedure - he will do a pelvic ultrasound each time I see him despite the fact that I have not had an ovarian cyst in over a year, and I tell him I do not think it is necessary. He requires you to make an appointment to come see him to go over any test results, resulting in an additional office visit fee. He would not give me or go over my pap results unless I came in for a visit, bluntly refusing to discuss anything over the phone or to mail me a copy of the results so I can give it to the ob/gyn I normally see. I will avoid seeing Dr. VDB as much as I possibly can - my wallet cannot afford it nor do I trust his motives.

July 26th, 2011
He is a fantastic doctor. He never rushes my appointment and he always shows that he cares. He was a big help to me when I was diagnosed with cancer. He referred me to a specialist when he saw that the surgery would be complicated. I'm very grateful to him.

January 31st, 2011
Love Dr V!
I had my 2nd baby last year under Dr V's care and it was a wonderful experience. Dr V really cares about his patients and devotes a lot of time for each appt. I love that he is "old school" and you see him at every appt and he does the ultrasounds himself. With my first baby I went to Scripps Carmel Valley and I felt like I was in the cattle herd and my doctor didn't know me at all. Dr V's small office setting makes the experience so much more enjoyable!! I also really like his staff...Jessica, Pam and Kirstin are awesome.

December 15th, 2009
pl. dont waste your time
I went to this doctor but i dont know what i should say to him when he didnt do any thing to help me and instead wasted my time and money..he made wrong promises and absolutely have no professionalism.I wish if there was any chance that I cud avoid paying him,he should instead as he wasted my time.

June 5th, 2017