A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Wheeler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Wheeler is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Wheeler, MD is board certified in Allergy & Immunology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Crohn Disease
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Falciparum Malaria
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Intestinal Diseases
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infections
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wheeler graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Wheeler has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Arkansas Children's Hospital
- University Hospital of Arkansas
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wheeler accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield - 24 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph G. Wheeler practice?
Dr. Joseph Wheeler practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Allergy & Immunology, and Infectious Disease near Little Rock, AR.
See Little Rock Pediatricians, Little Rock Pediatric Specialists, Little Rock Allergists, and Little Rock Infectious Disease Doctors.