A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gautam Surana:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gautam Surana is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gautam Surana, MD is board certified in Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine.
Education & Awards
Dr. Surana graduated from Kansas City University of Medicine.
Dr. Surana has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Rahway
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Surana accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 20 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 8 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 5 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan