Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  The Best  |  show details
by Matt B. on Jul 23rd, 2013

Have the great fortune to be a patient of Doc Helton's for 10 years now - he's the best. Reason his ease of appointment is my only 3 rating is because I'm not the only one who knows this. Will spend as much time as needed answering questions and his staff (Kierstin) is one-of-a-kind.

by Matt on May 31st, 2013

Great doc , great guy, excellent relationship. Highly recommend, been going to him for 10 years! If he is taking new patients I can say without a doubt that I would recommend Dr Helton.

|  Best Doc ever  |  show details
May 13th, 2012

Dr. Helton is the best doctor ever. My entire family goes to him, and we were one of his 1st patients. He always knows what is wrong with you or sends you to a specialist ASAP to figure it out. Not in love with his staff, but I wouldn't go to any o9ther doctor. Sorry for you is he isn't your doctor because he isn't taking new patients.

|  Best Doc Ever!  |  show details
May 8th, 2012

Dr. Helton is the best doctor, by far, that I've ever had. He's been my doctor for several years and the longer I am with him the more respect and appreciation I have. I always feel like he's in it with me for the long haul & takes the time to listen. He minimizes using drugs and encourages me to take control of my health issues. We've worked through a number of health issues successfully now.

Feb 1st, 2012

i highly recommened dr. helton and all the other doctors.They are very friendly and they also have a walk in clinic to meeet your needs

Aug 20th, 2011

no one will ever complain about dr.heltonhe is a great doctor. its a shame he has the absolute worst office staff i have ever tried to work with

|  R.W Fenton  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2011

He has been my doctor since he started practicing and has always treated me as if I was his only patient. I have been asked by many nurse's and techs at St.Johns hospital about how I rated him because they had a friend or relative that needed a doctor and they had heard he is as good as they come.

May 10th, 2011

Doc Helton is as good as they come.

Oct 18th, 2010

Takes weeks to get a sick visit!!! I only go 1x every 2 years or so. Not acceptable. Always have to see a nurse!

|  Avoid: incompetent office staff  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2010

After scheduling an annual physical 3 months in advanced, I was forced to wait innumerably long time. Realizing that is how it rolls going to the Dr, when I inquired when I might be called to see the Dr.- the receptionist stated opps, I missed your name on the sign in sheet. When it come to my health the details matter- Better be safe than sorry if they support staff cannot managing a simple list I really do not trust them to manage anything regarding my health.

|  Restored my faith in doctors.  |  show details
by Tehri Marshall Gerke on Mar 6th, 2009

Dr. Helton is the best St. Louis has to offer and, in fact, I would put him up against any Internist anywhere. My husband and I drive 45 minutes from a neighboring state to get to his office because it's worth it. What's more important than your health?He is also humble, empathetic, and a wonderful person.

Sep 13th, 2008

I absolutely love Dr. Helton. He has never made me feel bad for being a worrier and has always taken his time with both me and my husband. I can't imagine going to another doctor. He's fantastic!!!!

|  staff could use a charm class  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2008

great doctor - just needs to inform his staff that the patient is the reason they have a job. Unfortunately it is not just one individual who is rude. Dr. Helton spends the time necessary and follows through when necessary. He gets a ten and the staff a three.

Feb 18th, 2008

I started going to Dr. Helton after having gone to several other doctors who dismissed me and my symptoms. He was fantastic and assured me that what I was experiencing was REAL. He then referred me to several other doctors to rule things out. I have gotten further with this diagnosis in the last 6 months (with him as my doctor) than I have in the last 4 years. He is very professional but you feel at ease the moment you start talking with him.

> > > > Patient Reviews