Dr. Gawtham Gutta MD Patient Reviews

3.9

February 20th, 2017
This doctor is the bomb!
My first appointment with him today and I was a bit nervous. As soon as he opened the door I felt right at ease. He is wonderful with his bedside manner. I never felt rushed and I had all my questions answered. Also, he is great at giving great information and explained my conditioned, why I have it, what caused it and then made a treatment plan to fix it! Very down to earth too! The only issue was I had to wait 45 minutes in the room until he came in. Not a huge deal especially since the doctor is so great!

February 14th, 2017
Life saver
I have been going to dr Gutta for over 13yrs n he saved my life! He is always there for me every time I call his nurse Sheri calls me back or if I have him paged! I would never ever switch drs he is like family to me!!! And helped with all the pain n ups n downs I go thru! Best dr ever!!!

December 20th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Gutta has helped me so much controlling the severe pain I constantly from severe rheumatoid arthritis. He listened and helped me when no one else would.

September 10th, 2016
GREAT UNDERSTANDING DOCTOR
Wonderful Doctor takes time to help you understand why you are seeing him and how he is going to get you back to being whole again without the pain. His Staff is Great and very friendly .

August 2nd, 2016
Please Think Twice
I first want to start this review off by saying that Dr. Gutta himself is a very honest amazing doctor. He seriously goes above and beyond with each and every patient. He was able to find that after years of going to doctor after doctor with no relief that I was misdiagnosed and was able to get me into surgery pretty fast. The trouble I have with this place is the other staff. As another reviewer said, "they go above and beyond to make you feel like crap". I've never read a statement that I believe to be more true. The staff never returns phone calls and when you do call because you are having complications after surgery they will make you feel like an addict. When I went into the office to get a refill the front desk staff were talking about me loud enough for everyone in the office to hear and the one lady said "just tell her sorry we can't help you". After this whole thing the CNA walks up to me in the waiting room and says "so what prescription do you need filled this time" and demanded that I say the name of the drug in front of everyone in the waiting room even though I have been on the same medicine for months. The nurse Sherry is very short on the phone if you can even get her to call you back and she will not give you the time of day to ask a question. Most times I end up leaving the office in tears because it's so sad that the people at a doctors office that are there to help you would treat you this way. I would just really think twice about coming here because the staff is so unprofessional and uncompassionate.

March 18th, 2016
No docr
Awful treated me like a piece of garbage!!!! I was in the hospital with a slipped disc pressing on a nerve and this man wouldn't treat me because I told him I had been clean for a year!! He walked out of my hospital room leaving me in severe pain and gave orders for no one to give me any pain killers. That's haw compassionate he is. Check his record at Silver Cross Hospital were complaints have been filed against this man!!!!

January 9th, 2016
Dr Gutta Saved My Life
Dr. Gutta without a doubt is the most kind, caring, upfront and honest Dr. I have ever met. I went to him for pain mgmt a year ago on recommendation of a close friend. He takes as much time as I need to feel comfortable. I was on pain killers due to severe spinal problems. At one appointment I spoke up, I was abusing medication. He consuled me and helped me realize I was an addict. Immediately he dropped everything and focused on me. He gave me the help I so desperately needed, and am happy to say I have been clean since that day with him. Now, the truth is YOU WILL have to be in the waiting room at least 1 hr past your scheduled appt. That may make some upset, but from over 2 years of seeing him I can tell you it's because he spends more time with each patient than any Dr. you will ever visit. I wholeheartedly urge anyone who has pain OR addiction issues to see Dr. Gutta A.S.A.P. It will be the best decision you ever made.

January 3rd, 2016
Dr. Gutta has saved my life had I not found dr. Gutta I would probably be dead or in jail I can say from experience that dr. Gutta cares not only for his patients diagnosis but the well being after the diagnosis so many times he has been there when I needed him to be and he continues to be

January 2nd, 2016
great doctor
Dr. Gutta is one of the most compassionate doctors I know. Having both epilepsy and psychiatric issues I need a doctor who still realizes I am an intelligent human being and he treats m like a partner in everything he does for me. He explains things better than any doctor I've ever worked with and is willing to consult with my psychiatrist even though they work out of 2 different hospitals and have never met. He is a real team player. Last year he was on crutches most of the yea because of complications from knee surgery but he continued to see patients and empathize with them even though I was obvious he was in a lot of pain. My insurance did not renew his contract but I will continue to see him even though it will cost me more because he is totally worth it. My only complaint is that his nurse does not always return calls in a timely manner.

November 17th, 2015
Love Dr. Gutta BUT staff is snotty and rude!
Love Dr. Gutta! His staff on the other hand are about some of the rudest people I have EVER dealt with! They go Above and beyond to make you feel like crap! Dr. Gutta has been seeing my family for years, and treats them with the upmost respect and love! But there have actually been times when my poor mom has gotten off the phone and cried because they have went out of their way to make her feel stupid! Just got to say,my mom is far from stupid. Just cause she looks rough, if these girls had to go through Just a portion of what she has had to go through in her life they wouldnt know what do do with their snobby selve! Most of the people that those Dr's see are people that use drugs or getting off drugs or people with some kind of mental disability. That DOESNT mean they are stupid in Anyway! If nurses and the girls in the office can't learn how to deal with these kind of people and realize that they are still people, just cause they are not as stuck up and b $@&* as they are, then I REALLY think they need to go work in a Dr's office somewhere where the patience are as snotty and perfect as they Think they are! But other then that I love Dr. Gutta.he has helped my family more than anyone will ever know.

September 12th, 2015
The only doctor I trust
It's taken me 10 years to find a doctor who listens to me and knows I know my body. He spends more time than any doctor I've ever seen. He's been the only one in 25 years who's worked with me and helped me. I refuse to see a doctor who isn't Gutta.

July 31st, 2015
Dr. Gawtham Gutta is an awesome Doctor he has the bedside manner of an angel, his patience is beyond anything you can imagine. Oh how I adore him. I actually am sad that I can't see him any longer do to the fact he does not accept my insurance