GREAT UNDERSTANDING DOCTOR show details GREAT UNDERSTANDING DOCTOR
by Gayle D on Sep 10th, 2016

Wonderful Doctor takes time to help you understand why you are seeing him and how he is going to get you back to being whole again without the pain. His Staff is Great and very friendly .

Please Think Twice show details Please Think Twice
Aug 2nd, 2016

I first want to start this review off by saying that Dr. Gutta himself is a very honest amazing doctor. He seriously goes above and beyond with each and every patient. He was able to find that after years of going to doctor after doctor with no relief that I was misdiagnosed and was able to get me into surgery pretty fast. The trouble I have with this place is the other staff. As another reviewer said, "they go above and beyond to make you feel like crap". I've never read a statement that I believe to be more true. The staff never returns phone calls and when you do call because you are having complications after surgery they will make you feel like an addict. When I went into the office to get a refill the front desk staff were talking about me loud enough for everyone in the office to hear and the one lady said "just tell her sorry we can't help you". After this whole thing the CNA walks up to me in the waiting room and says "so what prescription do you need filled this time" and demanded that I say the name of the drug in front of everyone in the waiting room even though I have been on the same medicine for months. The nurse Sherry is very short on the phone if you can even get her to call you back and she will not give you the time of day to ask a question. Most times I end up leaving the office in tears because it's so sad that the people at a doctors office that are there to help you would treat you this way. I would just really think twice about coming here because the staff is so unprofessional and uncompassionate.

No docr show details No docr
Mar 18th, 2016

Awful treated me like a piece of garbage!!!! I was in the hospital with a slipped disc pressing on a nerve and this man wouldn't treat me because I told him I had been clean for a year!! He walked out of my hospital room leaving me in severe pain and gave orders for no one to give me any pain killers. That's haw compassionate he is. Check his record at Silver Cross Hospital were complaints have been filed against this man!!!!

Dr Gutta Saved My Life show details Dr Gutta Saved My Life
by Keith Thomas on Jan 9th, 2016

Dr. Gutta without a doubt is the most kind, caring, upfront and honest Dr. I have ever met. I went to him for pain mgmt a year ago on recommendation of a close friend. He takes as much time as I need to feel comfortable. I was on pain killers due to severe spinal problems. At one appointment I spoke up, I was abusing medication. He consuled me and helped me realize I was an addict. Immediately he dropped everything and focused on me. He gave me the help I so desperately needed, and am happy to say I have been clean since that day with him. Now, the truth is YOU WILL have to be in the waiting room at least 1 hr past your scheduled appt. That may make some upset, but from over 2 years of seeing him I can tell you it's because he spends more time with each patient than any Dr. you will ever visit. I wholeheartedly urge anyone who has pain OR addiction issues to see Dr. Gutta A.S.A.P. It will be the best decision you ever made.

Jan 3rd, 2016

Dr. Gutta has saved my life had I not found dr. Gutta I would probably be dead or in jail I can say from experience that dr. Gutta cares not only for his patients diagnosis but the well being after the diagnosis so many times he has been there when I needed him to be and he continues to be

great doctor show details great doctor
by Annmarie on Jan 2nd, 2016

Dr. Gutta is one of the most compassionate doctors I know. Having both epilepsy and psychiatric issues I need a doctor who still realizes I am an intelligent human being and he treats m like a partner in everything he does for me. He explains things better than any doctor I've ever worked with and is willing to consult with my psychiatrist even though they work out of 2 different hospitals and have never met. He is a real team player. Last year he was on crutches most of the yea because of complications from knee surgery but he continued to see patients and empathize with them even though I was obvious he was in a lot of pain. My insurance did not renew his contract but I will continue to see him even though it will cost me more because he is totally worth it. My only complaint is that his nurse does not always return calls in a timely manner.

Love Dr. Gutta BUT staff is snotty and rude! show details Love Dr. Gutta BUT staff is snotty and rude!
Nov 17th, 2015

Love Dr. Gutta! His staff on the other hand are about some of the rudest people I have EVER dealt with! They go Above and beyond to make you feel like crap! Dr. Gutta has been seeing my family for years, and treats them with the upmost respect and love! But there have actually been times when my poor mom has gotten off the phone and cried because they have went out of their way to make her feel stupid! Just got to say,my mom is far from stupid. Just cause she looks rough, if these girls had to go through Just a portion of what she has had to go through in her life they wouldnt know what do do with their snobby selve! Most of the people that those Dr's see are people that use drugs or getting off drugs or people with some kind of mental disability. That DOESNT mean they are stupid in Anyway! If nurses and the girls in the office can't learn how to deal with these kind of people and realize that they are still people, just cause they are not as stuck up and b $@&* as they are, then I REALLY think they need to go work in a Dr's office somewhere where the patience are as snotty and perfect as they Think they are! But other then that I love Dr. Gutta.he has helped my family more than anyone will ever know.

The only doctor I trust show details The only doctor I trust
by KAA on Sep 12th, 2015

It's taken me 10 years to find a doctor who listens to me and knows I know my body. He spends more time than any doctor I've ever seen. He's been the only one in 25 years who's worked with me and helped me. I refuse to see a doctor who isn't Gutta.

by A. Atkinson on Jul 31st, 2015

Dr. Gawtham Gutta is an awesome Doctor he has the bedside manner of an angel, his patience is beyond anything you can imagine. Oh how I adore him. I actually am sad that I can't see him any longer do to the fact he does not accept my insurance

by Carrie A. on Jul 15th, 2015

It was my first visit with this doctor and he is quite intelligent and he does believe in Fibromyalgia and that is a relief because some doctors don't believe fibro exist. He is adjusting how I take my medicine and I am open minded in giving his ideas a try. I found his office staff to be very professional and friendly.

SAFE YOURSELF FROM GUTTA!!! show details SAFE YOURSELF FROM GUTTA!!!
by Dr guttas wife on May 2nd, 2015

I went to this arrogant fool for about 2 years before I finally had enough. It is so funny that he will tell you how smart he is when he is his own biggest fan...wonder why he is in a Joliet location that is falling apart if he is such a genious. He's a total control freak & you don't have time to listen to him explain he's so smart. Assumes he knows everything but it's really his ego taking over when I caught him taking pills during 2 visits that he kept in a drawer. Then I said "wow you take pain killers?" And he goes "how else could I survive with these people!" So he actually is a joke. The office even has a sign in the waiting area that says insane asylum! The only good part was listening to the people in the waiting room rip gutta apart saying they got stuck with him when the other doctor wasn't there & are thankful to be done with the guy!

AMAZING DR. & STAFF!! show details AMAZING DR. & STAFF!!
by Renee Beck on Apr 24th, 2015

Amazing, compassionate, Dr. And his staff! God bless them, friendly & knowledgable.

Mar 30th, 2015

Highly educated and compassionate doctor that actually cares about his patients.

rude staff show details rude staff
Feb 28th, 2015

I really love Dr. Singla and Dr. Gutta, but his staff IS rude and they do not call you the day before your appointment and if you miss they still charge you $25.00. It isn't really the doctors they need to get rid of, it is the rude staffing.

Gutta and Singka are great. show details Gutta and Singka are great.
by Amanda Porter on Dec 15th, 2014

This Doctor truly cares about His patients. He's worth the wait.

Steer clear of this unprofessional, arrogant jerk show details Steer clear of this unprofessional, arrogant jerk
by 24/7 Pain on Sep 20th, 2014

After approximately 30 visits in a little over 2 years I have absolutely nothing good to say about Gutta. He told me to be patient and that he wouldn't give up on managing my pain. Well the last visit he said "there's nothing else he can do for me" which was highly disappointing to hear after I put all my trust in his hands and let him take me from Norco all the way to oxycontin and roxicodone with numerous other drugs in between with no titrating of doses just straight switches which had me on a rollercoaster. He doesn't listen and doesn't remember anything we discussed in previous appointments. He's ignorant, arrogant and unprofessional. Basically plan on the entire office know that you're going to give a urine sample or hear his comments after your visit as he walks you down the hall to make his notes on a post it or napkin that gets put in your manilla folder that's falling apart. There are computers in most patient rooms but I honestly don't think they're hooked up because they are NEVER used. He took a lot of my money after I went through all his paces going for second opinions, mri's, emg, etc and I have nothing to show for it except starting all over with a new doctor who has shown me what a real pain doctor should be. Gutta's staff is clueless, gossiping and ignorant. His nurse is the most incompetent and lazy person I have ever dealt with. Her name is Sherry and she is a real piece of work. One time he changed my medication a couple weeks into my month script because I was having negative side effects and told me to return the pills to him which I believe became his or maybe the offices which may explain something about this looney bin! It takes weeks to get an appointment and when you get there plan on bringing something to keep you occupied because you will be waiting for quite a while in a hot, cramped waiting room with people talking on phones, sleeping or having to listen to the staff gossip. Then you go into waiting room number two for half an hour or so while you listen to the other patients through the paper thin walls. This guy is a joke and should be avoided. Trust what I am saying, please. One last minor thing that you should know is they NEVER confirm appointments with you or do any type of follow up after your appointment which my other "regular" doctors do at least one if not both.

retired show details retired
Jun 13th, 2014

I'll never go back!

Mother show details Mother
by Linda on Mar 25th, 2014

I just finished reading all the OLD reviews of praise for Dr. Gutta. I wish that I could praise him also. However; five days after my daughter was released from the hospital after having lower back surgery and still in deep pain, she broke out from an allergic reaction to the medication that he prescribed. She called Dr. Gutta’ s office, and explained the issue and was told to come in the next day. She called again on that day and was given an appointment. My husband (her father) drove her to said appointment; they waited for some time at the office only to be told she could not be seen that day. Everyone in the waiting room could see how much pain she was in and the rash that she was covered in. My husband thinking it was because she had state insurance offered to pay the $80.00 dollars for the Doctor visit and to please see her. BUT NO WAS THE ANSWER. Thankfully her primary care doctor was able to see her and informed her that she could have died in her sleep because of the allergy to the medicine. Would you refer your friends or family to him? I certainly will not.

Oct 12th, 2013

Dr Gutta is the best doctor that I have ever been to. He is so knowledgable and really cares about each and every patient. I would recommend anyone who has the opportunity to see him to do it you will leave feeling like you got the best care possible.

Understanding and Caring Doctor show details Understanding and Caring Doctor
Aug 29th, 2013

Dr. Gutta has really gone above and beyond to help me out. I definitely have a higher quality of life now and can truly enjoy my family.

Vist show details Vist
by Tommy on May 19th, 2013

I would like thank dr gutta the time I spent with was very nice such a careing man I would tell annone to go see him

Medical Appointment Associtate, working with Mentally and Disabled Adults show details Medical Appointment Associtate, working with Mentally and Disabled Adults
by Italysmom on May 16th, 2013

This Doctor is amazing, the compassion he has for his patients is outstanding. Doctor Gutta is seeing mentally disabled adults and he is making their lives so much better. He is spending quality time with them and making sure that they are taken care of. Not many Doctor's take the time to see Mentally Disabled Adults, they want to kick them to the curve and leave them there. Doctor Gutta listens to them and help them make decisions that effect there health. This Doctor is a Godsend

Has Patience with his Patients show details Has Patience with his Patients
by Annmarie Z on Apr 16th, 2013

I see Dr. Gutta when he comes to my senior's residence every Weds. I gave him a three in ease of appt only because he does have to cancel appts every so often but I don't mind to much since he's coming here weekly on his day off! His bed side manor is out of this world. I have both mental and physical illnesses and he takes the time to balance my need for care in both areas. Because of a serious seizure disorder I'm often having new injuries too and he's patient at either treating them or referring me to other quality Drs. He even acknowledges my service dog every time he sees him! The only complaint I do have is his nurse is awful at returning calls. I think she is just to busy and tends to put those of us that don't see Dr. Gutta at the office at the bottom of her list, but I have gone three or four days without a call back. Dr. Gutta is worth the wait though and when I absolutely can't wait I just call after hours and get him that way. I know there was another Dr. by the same name indicted for some crimes last year, I'm wondering if the man who said he got terrible bedside manner is talking about the right Dr. Gutta. Anyone who can be patient with me can't have terrible bedside manner.

Pain Management show details Pain Management
by Cindy U. on Jan 29th, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised on how caring this doctor is for his patients. I was referred to him for my pain management, and although I'm still a new patient to him, so far so good. Dr. Gutta is very caring, and doesn't rush through the appointment. He is quite thorough and he really listens. Also, he talks to you on a personal level, (not the usual over your head medical lingo) so there is no confusion on what was said. He follows up with you personally, to make sure your medications are working out. I would highly recommend Dr. Gutta. He is certainly one of a kind. Other doctors should take bedside manner lessons from this man!!

BEST DR. EVER show details BEST DR. EVER
Nov 20th, 2012

Dr. Gutta is a Godsend, he is so patient and so caring. This is a quality you find in Doctors anymore. My life has been enriched because of him. I would recommend him to anyone that is having problems and need a compassinate Doctor. I love his bedside manner. He is the Best....

saved my life. show details saved my life.
May 25th, 2012

First of all, most of the time when someone takes the time to leave a comment it's because it's a negative, so Of course a Dr may have two out of thousands of patients who may leave a negative as you see here there are only a couple negatives, then there are the ones where on the rare occasions someone takes the time to post a positive...and i'm one of them... I had just about given up on life due to almost 100 surgeries and or procedures for pain control....being on pain patches, hard core Meds, morphine intrathecal pump, spinal chord stimulator....all too no avail for relief...Dr. Gutta was willing to try what other doctors wouldn't!! And for the first time in 14 years I actually felt great relief in my chest where I didn't feel like I was having a heart attack every day!!! I am able to lay down on my back and not feel like it's breaking. I still hurt but not wanting to die!!! And he listens and is so easy too talk to that I was crying before I knew it and everything was just pouring out. He is so gentle on the touch compared to any other Dr that has ever touched me! He knew that I was in pain and knew to gently take my hand compared to other pain doctors who have even shook my hand like I was a marine! He is by far one of the most amazing doctors I have ever been to in my life! And I only waited maybe ten minutes to get in and he got to me quick once I was in the room also! I was in and out within 40 minutes!!! Total.appointment was at 11 and I was out by 11:40.

Entirely too overbooked show details Entirely too overbooked
Apr 12th, 2012

This practice has entirely too many patients and overbooks their appts. I could understand having to wait occasionally. However, every time I go in or try to make an appt you either wait a month to get in or wait an hour and a half in the office. Even more upsetting is his extremely rude office staff. Looking for a new doctor now because sometimes being sick can't wait a month. Its sad because I do like him.

BEST DR. EVER!!!!!! show details BEST DR. EVER!!!!!!
Apr 4th, 2012

My husband and I see dr. Gutta he has made such a big difference in my life!!! He is very caring and he takes his time to figure out what is going on, I never leave the appointment feeling like nothing was resolved. I always look foreword to my appointment, Dr. treats us like we are family and he always knows how to make me laugh- something that is much needed in my life!!! I'm so glad my husband introduced me to Dr. Gutta!!!! THANK YOU Dr. Gutta for everything you do:) you are the best dr. I have ever been too!

Mar 20th, 2012

Dr. Gutta has become my favorite doctor. He is very compassionate and caring. I am treated as a patient not a number. He makes me feel that he truly cares about my well-being and has done everything possible to make me well. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

Nov 2nd, 2011

Dr. Gutta rocks, I've been a patient for seven yrs., and now my dad is also a patient, Dr. Gutta, is the reason my dad is here with me today, Dr.Gutta, also gave me the strength to believe in Myself, and keep my faith, Today I love me, Now I understand, you gots to love yourself, before you can heal. Most amazingly, I get to enjoy the ride with my dad to our apoinments together, just because, of Dr. Gutta.. Thank You in so many ways.

MISDIAGNOSIS show details MISDIAGNOSIS
Aug 29th, 2011

Dr. Gutta needs to go back to school & learn about the new medications. And their side effects. WORST BEDSIDE MANNER EVER!!!!!! He is the worst Doctor I have ever encountered! I would not trust him with my Dog.

Aug 18th, 2011

It totally infuriates me that anyone could call Dr. Gutta a monster. I have seen so many doctors in my lifetime and Dr. Gutta is by far the most caring, compassionate, helpful and informative doctor I have ever experienced. I trust him with my life. He always spends time with me and listens. I know he will continue treating me until he has found the best possible solution to make my life comfortable

Awesome! show details Awesome!
Mar 25th, 2011

Treats you like family.

Mar 14th, 2011

Dr. Gutta is very compassionate yet to the point. Very easy to talk with and will take as much time as needed. I believe he is one of the most caring doctors I have ever dealt with.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Jan 9th, 2011

Dr.Gutta is one of the best Dr.I have ever had the chance to see. He saved my life and gave me my quality of life back.I still have bad days but because of him it's not every day.Thank you DR.Gutta

Jul 14th, 2010

Dr. Gutta attends patients at the senior independent living facility where I live. He is very popular among the residents. He has a mild manner.

Praise show details Praise
by Kate Lundgren on Jul 27th, 2009

Dr. Gutta has a wonderful, soothing, and reassuring bedside manner. I am confident in the doctor's abilities and always look forward to seeing him.