Internists, Addiction Medicine Specialist
330 Madison St
Ste 303
Joliet, IL 60435
815-744-0029
Locations and availability (3)

|  Steer clear of this unprofessional, arrogant jerk  |  show details
by 24/7 Pain on Sep 20th, 2014

After approximately 30 visits in a little over 2 years I have absolutely nothing good to say about Gutta. He told me to be patient and that he wouldn't give up on managing my pain. Well the last visit he said "there's nothing else he can do for me" which was highly disappointing to hear after I put all my trust in his hands and let him take me from Norco all the way to oxycontin and roxicodone with numerous other drugs in between with no titrating of doses just straight switches which had me on a rollercoaster. He doesn't listen and doesn't remember anything we discussed in previous appointments. He's ignorant, arrogant and unprofessional. Basically plan on the entire office know that you're going to give a urine sample or hear his comments after your visit as he walks you down the hall to make his notes on a post it or napkin that gets put in your manilla folder that's falling apart. There are computers in most patient rooms but I honestly don't think they're hooked up because they are NEVER used. He took a lot of my money after I went through all his paces going for second opinions, mri's, emg, etc and I have nothing to show for it except starting all over with a new doctor who has shown me what a real pain doctor should be. Gutta's staff is clueless, gossiping and ignorant. His nurse is the most incompetent and lazy person I have ever dealt with. Her name is Sherry and she is a real piece of work. One time he changed my medication a couple weeks into my month script because I was having negative side effects and told me to return the pills to him which I believe became his or maybe the offices which may explain something about this looney bin! It takes weeks to get an appointment and when you get there plan on bringing something to keep you occupied because you will be waiting for quite a while in a hot, cramped waiting room with people talking on phones, sleeping or having to listen to the staff gossip. Then you go into waiting room number two for half an hour or so while you listen to the other patients through the paper thin walls. This guy is a joke and should be avoided. Trust what I am saying, please. One last minor thing that you should know is they NEVER confirm appointments with you or do any type of follow up after your appointment which my other "regular" doctors do at least one if not both.

|  retired  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2014

I'll never go back!

|  Mother  |  show details
by Linda on Mar 25th, 2014

I just finished reading all the OLD reviews of praise for Dr. Gutta. I wish that I could praise him also. However; five days after my daughter was released from the hospital after having lower back surgery and still in deep pain, she broke out from an allergic reaction to the medication that he prescribed. She called Dr. Gutta’ s office, and explained the issue and was told to come in the next day. She called again on that day and was given an appointment. My husband (her father) drove her to said appointment; they waited for some time at the office only to be told she could not be seen that day. Everyone in the waiting room could see how much pain she was in and the rash that she was covered in. My husband thinking it was because she had state insurance offered to pay the $80.00 dollars for the Doctor visit and to please see her. BUT NO WAS THE ANSWER. Thankfully her primary care doctor was able to see her and informed her that she could have died in her sleep because of the allergy to the medicine. Would you refer your friends or family to him? I certainly will not.

Oct 12th, 2013

Dr Gutta is the best doctor that I have ever been to. He is so knowledgable and really cares about each and every patient. I would recommend anyone who has the opportunity to see him to do it you will leave feeling like you got the best care possible.

|  Understanding and Caring Doctor  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2013

Dr. Gutta has really gone above and beyond to help me out. I definitely have a higher quality of life now and can truly enjoy my family.

|  Vist  |  show details
by Tommy on May 19th, 2013

I would like thank dr gutta the time I spent with was very nice such a careing man I would tell annone to go see him

|  Medical Appointment Associtate, working with Mentally and Disabled Adults  |  show details
by Italysmom on May 16th, 2013

This Doctor is amazing, the compassion he has for his patients is outstanding. Doctor Gutta is seeing mentally disabled adults and he is making their lives so much better. He is spending quality time with them and making sure that they are taken care of. Not many Doctor's take the time to see Mentally Disabled Adults, they want to kick them to the curve and leave them there. Doctor Gutta listens to them and help them make decisions that effect there health. This Doctor is a Godsend

|  Has Patience with his Patients  |  show details
by Annmarie Z on Apr 16th, 2013

I see Dr. Gutta when he comes to my senior's residence every Weds. I gave him a three in ease of appt only because he does have to cancel appts every so often but I don't mind to much since he's coming here weekly on his day off! His bed side manor is out of this world. I have both mental and physical illnesses and he takes the time to balance my need for care in both areas. Because of a serious seizure disorder I'm often having new injuries too and he's patient at either treating them or referring me to other quality Drs. He even acknowledges my service dog every time he sees him! The only complaint I do have is his nurse is awful at returning calls. I think she is just to busy and tends to put those of us that don't see Dr. Gutta at the office at the bottom of her list, but I have gone three or four days without a call back. Dr. Gutta is worth the wait though and when I absolutely can't wait I just call after hours and get him that way. I know there was another Dr. by the same name indicted for some crimes last year, I'm wondering if the man who said he got terrible bedside manner is talking about the right Dr. Gutta. Anyone who can be patient with me can't have terrible bedside manner.

|  Pain Management  |  show details
by Cindy U. on Jan 29th, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised on how caring this doctor is for his patients. I was referred to him for my pain management, and although I'm still a new patient to him, so far so good. Dr. Gutta is very caring, and doesn't rush through the appointment. He is quite thorough and he really listens. Also, he talks to you on a personal level, (not the usual over your head medical lingo) so there is no confusion on what was said. He follows up with you personally, to make sure your medications are working out. I would highly recommend Dr. Gutta. He is certainly one of a kind. Other doctors should take bedside manner lessons from this man!!

|  BEST DR. EVER  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2012

Dr. Gutta is a Godsend, he is so patient and so caring. This is a quality you find in Doctors anymore. My life has been enriched because of him. I would recommend him to anyone that is having problems and need a compassinate Doctor. I love his bedside manner. He is the Best....

|  saved my life.  |  show details
May 25th, 2012

First of all, most of the time when someone takes the time to leave a comment it's because it's a negative, so Of course a Dr may have two out of thousands of patients who may leave a negative as you see here there are only a couple negatives, then there are the ones where on the rare occasions someone takes the time to post a positive...and i'm one of them... I had just about given up on life due to almost 100 surgeries and or procedures for pain control....being on pain patches, hard core Meds, morphine intrathecal pump, spinal chord stimulator....all too no avail for relief...Dr. Gutta was willing to try what other doctors wouldn't!! And for the first time in 14 years I actually felt great relief in my chest where I didn't feel like I was having a heart attack every day!!! I am able to lay down on my back and not feel like it's breaking. I still hurt but not wanting to die!!! And he listens and is so easy too talk to that I was crying before I knew it and everything was just pouring out. He is so gentle on the touch compared to any other Dr that has ever touched me! He knew that I was in pain and knew to gently take my hand compared to other pain doctors who have even shook my hand like I was a marine! He is by far one of the most amazing doctors I have ever been to in my life! And I only waited maybe ten minutes to get in and he got to me quick once I was in the room also! I was in and out within 40 minutes!!! Total.appointment was at 11 and I was out by 11:40.

|  Entirely too overbooked  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

This practice has entirely too many patients and overbooks their appts. I could understand having to wait occasionally. However, every time I go in or try to make an appt you either wait a month to get in or wait an hour and a half in the office. Even more upsetting is his extremely rude office staff. Looking for a new doctor now because sometimes being sick can't wait a month. Its sad because I do like him.

|  BEST DR. EVER!!!!!!  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2012

My husband and I see dr. Gutta he has made such a big difference in my life!!! He is very caring and he takes his time to figure out what is going on, I never leave the appointment feeling like nothing was resolved. I always look foreword to my appointment, Dr. treats us like we are family and he always knows how to make me laugh- something that is much needed in my life!!! I'm so glad my husband introduced me to Dr. Gutta!!!! THANK YOU Dr. Gutta for everything you do:) you are the best dr. I have ever been too!

Mar 20th, 2012

Dr. Gutta has become my favorite doctor. He is very compassionate and caring. I am treated as a patient not a number. He makes me feel that he truly cares about my well-being and has done everything possible to make me well. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

Nov 2nd, 2011

Dr. Gutta rocks, I've been a patient for seven yrs., and now my dad is also a patient, Dr. Gutta, is the reason my dad is here with me today, Dr.Gutta, also gave me the strength to believe in Myself, and keep my faith, Today I love me, Now I understand, you gots to love yourself, before you can heal. Most amazingly, I get to enjoy the ride with my dad to our apoinments together, just because, of Dr. Gutta.. Thank You in so many ways.

|  MISDIAGNOSIS  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

Dr. Gutta needs to go back to school & learn about the new medications. And their side effects. WORST BEDSIDE MANNER EVER!!!!!! He is the worst Doctor I have ever encountered! I would not trust him with my Dog.

Aug 18th, 2011

It totally infuriates me that anyone could call Dr. Gutta a monster. I have seen so many doctors in my lifetime and Dr. Gutta is by far the most caring, compassionate, helpful and informative doctor I have ever experienced. I trust him with my life. He always spends time with me and listens. I know he will continue treating me until he has found the best possible solution to make my life comfortable

|  Awesome!  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

Treats you like family.

Mar 14th, 2011

Dr. Gutta is very compassionate yet to the point. Very easy to talk with and will take as much time as needed. I believe he is one of the most caring doctors I have ever dealt with.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2011

Dr.Gutta is one of the best Dr.I have ever had the chance to see. He saved my life and gave me my quality of life back.I still have bad days but because of him it's not every day.Thank you DR.Gutta

Jul 14th, 2010

Dr. Gutta attends patients at the senior independent living facility where I live. He is very popular among the residents. He has a mild manner.

|  misdiagnosis  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2009

De Gutta misdiagnosed me in June of 2008.He nearly cost me my life. Stay clear of this monster!!! There are plenty of good doctors out there.

|  Praise  |  show details
by Kate Lundgren on Jul 27th, 2009

Dr. Gutta has a wonderful, soothing, and reassuring bedside manner. I am confident in the doctor's abilities and always look forward to seeing him.