A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Geary Ahern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Geary Ahern is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ahern
Epilepsy Patient Education Learn about epilepsy and seizures in our patient education guide and how this brain disorder affects people.Before Visiting Dr. Ahern Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Geary Ahern, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahern graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Ahern has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Helen Hayes Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Geary Edward Ahern MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Geary E. Ahern practice?
- Dr. Geary Ahern has 1 office location.
Dr. Geary Ahern practices Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists.