Dr. Geera Desai MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Greenville, SC

2.2

June 11th, 2014
She is an awesome doctor ! She really takes time to listen and help in anyway she can. She is dedicated to helping her patients!

July 20th, 2013
Didn't Even Know My Diagnosis!!
I was seeing Dr Desai or one her assistants (mostly her assistants) for over a year, and all they did was keep me on the medication that I had been on when I came to them. You have to wait forever, and then the assistants will ask you the required questions like "how are you" "you don't feel the need/desire to hurt yourself or anyone else do you?" and "do you have any questions"......they ask the questions in such a way that you feel like they expect you to just give the right answers so you can just get your Rx and leave and they can move on. If you see Dr. Desai, she will look at you for a minute or two before saying anything, like she's waiting for you to start the conversation, which is weird. They never make you feel like you can actually talk to them. So I would just give them the right answers and get out. I have Severe PTSD, Anxiety/Depressive Disorder, and a Borderline Personality disorder. I have been seeing a neurologist for 5 years for unusual migraines and he thought the PTSD was contributing, if not causing the migraines, and the assistant said she didn't think the migraines were related at all to the PTSD which is interesting considering migraines are a symptom of PTSD..., and she also said that she thought my PTSD was stable - I stay at home, don't go anywhere by myself, if I do go out by myself, I am hyper vigilant, when I get back into my vehicle I immediately lock the doors, the only reason I don't have flashbacks anymore is because my husband and I have gone far out of our way to remove the triggers that would cause them, I still have panic attacks.... if I were to go to work in the public, she would see the my PTSD isn't stable at all. But that isn't the best part. A few months ago, my neuro wanted to lower my medication to see if it would help my migraines at all. So we were going to add another medication to make up for the loss of the first one. The assistant asked me "We are only treating you for depression right?"....I was like, "no, my main diagnosis is severe PTSD..." and I had been going there for almost a year by that point. So they obviously didn't even know what they were giving me meds for! They never asked about my history, never made me feel comfortable enough to share it on my own, etc. I am in the process of trying to find a new psychiatrist now that I have moved to Ware Shoals. Don't go to this psychiatrist. They don't know what they are doing, they don't care. We are just numbers and money to them.

June 25th, 2012
The wait time is awful. You can be there early or on time and you will still have to wait forever. The longest I remember waiting is about a hour and a half. While you are waiting you can listen to people in the waiting room complaining about the wait time and Dr. Desai. When I go in, finally, I sit down and she basically just stares at me. It's awkward. That just stresses me out and all I want is my refill and leave. She is not easy to talk to.