Overall Review

March 25th, 2015
One of the best physicians I have ever seen. An expert in her field.

August 3rd, 2013
She is terrific
I saw Dr. Athappilly about 3 weeks after having lost vision in one eye. She told me that I had all the symptoms of Giant Cell Arteritis but it would take a biopsy to confirm that. She explained the implications and what could happen particularly since so much time had elapsed. She offered encouragement that there was still a small window of opportunity to save my other eye but action had to be taken immediately. It wasn't advisable to wait for a confirming biopsy. In a short while I was in ER being fed steroids intravenously. Dr. Athappilly stopped by later to see how I was doing and informed me that the inflammation count from my blood test was exceedingly high. She also stopped by my room two other times while she was off-duty which was very much appreciated. I see her every 6 weeks or so to monitor the health of my good eye. She also had the foresight to recommend that I wear safety glasses to guard against an accident to my good eye. I credit her quick action for leaving me with at least some vision.

July 20th, 2013
Impressive
Dr. Athappilly is so knowledgeable in her field that she gained my trust when she diagnosed me with a golf ball size meningioma that had entangled itself on my left optic nerve. No wonder I was having a bit of difficulty with the vision in my left eye. She took the time to explain everything so that I could understand everything. I am in awe of her abilities and I feel lucky to have found my way to her expert care.

March 21st, 2013
I feel truly blessed to be under the care of Dr. Athappilly. She is very knowleable of my disease making sure everything is being done and I understand exactly what is going on. Her kindness, caring and concern is very comforting. A great doctor.