Dr. Geetha Athappilly Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Geetha Athappilly?

Chronic Dry Eye

Have you seen Dr. Geetha Athappilly?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 21st, 2017

Professor Maria B Serpa

I am very grateful for her profound caring and her extraordinary professionalism and knowledge in diagnosing and addressing my eyes health challenges. Her care made a world of difference in the healing of my eyes. My many thanks to Dr. Athappilly!

March 24th, 2017

papilledema due to increased intracranial pressure

I first visited Lahey Medical Center after having experienced the symptoms of minocycline induced intracranial pressure for approximately 7 weeks. At that time, I was experiencing constant severe headaches, neck pain, shoulder and back pain, double vision, and "tingly" arms (for lack of better word). The symptom that stood out and caused the most concern for all the doctors that I visited was the double vision, I was sent to Dr. Athappilly's office immediately after I was diagnosed with papiledema due to increased intracranial pressure. I was immediately welcomed by the staff in Dr. Athappilly's office and reassured that I was to be taken care of with every resource they had available. Dr. Athappilly proceeded to conduct every eye exam and optic test she could in order to completely evaluate my condition. My symptoms had gotten so severe that Dr. Athappilly found it necessary that I undergo surgery, optic fenestration, in order to relieve the pressure on my optic nerves as soon as possible. After surgery, I started to feel better almost immediately. The care that Dr. Athappilly provided for me absolutely saved my vision and I couldn't be more pleased and grateful. Today, I feel like myself again for the first time in months, and I can honestly say that it was because of the care I received at Lahey Medical Center and Dr. Athappilly's care.

February 7th, 2017

Excellent

Pleasantly direct, thorough, and to the point.

March 25th, 2015

One of the best physicians I have ever seen. An expert in her field.

August 3rd, 2013

She is terrific

I saw Dr. Athappilly about 3 weeks after having lost vision in one eye. She told me that I had all the symptoms of Giant Cell Arteritis but it would take a biopsy to confirm that. She explained the implications and what could happen particularly since so much time had elapsed. She offered encouragement that there was still a small window of opportunity to save my other eye but action had to be taken immediately. It wasn't advisable to wait for a confirming biopsy. In a short while I was in ER being fed steroids intravenously. Dr. Athappilly stopped by later to see how I was doing and informed me that the inflammation count from my blood test was exceedingly high. She also stopped by my room two other times while she was off-duty which was very much appreciated. I see her every 6 weeks or so to monitor the health of my good eye. She also had the foresight to recommend that I wear safety glasses to guard against an accident to my good eye. I credit her quick action for leaving me with at least some vision.

July 20th, 2013

Impressive

Dr. Athappilly is so knowledgeable in her field that she gained my trust when she diagnosed me with a golf ball size meningioma that had entangled itself on my left optic nerve. No wonder I was having a bit of difficulty with the vision in my left eye. She took the time to explain everything so that I could understand everything. I am in awe of her abilities and I feel lucky to have found my way to her expert care.

March 21st, 2013

I feel truly blessed to be under the care of Dr. Athappilly. She is very knowleable of my disease making sure everything is being done and I understand exactly what is going on. Her kindness, caring and concern is very comforting. A great doctor.

August 3rd, 2017