Dr. Geetha Puri MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

January 21st, 2016
No follow-up for patient
Front office employee would not put calls through. Urgent medical services required, but no response from doctor.

November 12th, 2015
Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The staff here is horrible. Not only did they lie to me saying Rite Aids fax was busy all day, when i call back there is always some excuse as why my prescription isn't filled. Horrible, Horrible. If you need prompt phsyciatric services this is not the place to go!!!!!! I've been waiting for three days for a refill.

June 22nd, 2015
MALPRACTICE!!!
On my brother's first visit with Dr. Puri she saw him for less than 10 minutes. All she did was submit for refills on the medications he was already given by the crisis clinic in my area, which his primary doctor had done just days before. What he needed was a medication evaluation as his current regime is not treating his symptoms! It is easy to see the troubles he's having as he physically shows them! He suffers from severe paranoid schizophrenia and does not believe that he has an issue (as many in his case do!), which is all the more reason I find it SO IMPORTANT that ANY NEW DOCTOR actively seek PAST MEDICAL RECORDS FROM EACH NEW PATIENT, especially when they suffer from such a mental illness where they will tell you time and time again that everything is fine!!! I believe that it is Dr. Puri's RESPONSIBILITY as his "psychiatrist" to TRULY UNDERSTAND his case. Not only did the office NOT ask for him to provide a list of previous doctors to piece together a thorough medical history, but the office also advised me that it is the 'patient's responsibility' to tell them up front if they want to have the office request and keep these type of records on file. My question is how is Dr. Puri supposed to help my brother if she has no idea (nor interest) in understanding his medical history, of which the most recent was a 4 month stay at Patton State Hospital! I consider this malpractice and would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone seeking actual help with their mental state. If you already know what works for you and simply want medication refills, by all means have your insurance company pay her for your 10 minute visit.

October 7th, 2013
RUN!
I have the biggest problem. I took a form to my appointment and it was not filled out. I was told that the Doctor fills out her own forms and there was nothing in my file. I re-submitted the same form and I was told that the Doctor was on vacation for a month and that I had to call her then. I was also out of medication and once again when I called I was told once again, she was on vacation and she wouldn't be back into the office until the 15th of October, my question is... what do I do about my medication?? When I called the pharmacy, the pharmacist asked " she doesn't have a Doctor sitting in for here to fill prescriptions?" The answer "no" I just need my paperwork completed at this point