Dr. Gema Fernandez MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Phoenix, AZ

April 16th, 2015
she made my delivery feel so comfortable she is great!

April 15th, 2011
She was my OB/GYN. she helped us get pregnant. I had twins. I had a difficult time with the surgery but they said everything was normal. I was getting better until after two weeks i started to have fever.My dosage for Motrin could not keep my fever down until the next dose. I called and she prescribed antibiotics after being persistent on the phone and told them my symptoms feel like i have a UTI. I was not well and told her during the follow up appointment after the C-section. i asked her if i would call again if i am not well when im done with the antibiotics and she just ignored me. they did urine test and culture but was normal. i was getting worse and went back to her the following week bec i was terribly ill and weak thay i needed help with my ADLs and could not take care of my twins. they did urine test and culture again and was normal. i asked her then why do i have a fever. she kept checking me by tapping my back and insisted that i was ok and everything was normal and my temperature was not high enough to indicate fever. i told her abt my pain on my lower abdomen and she insited it is the incision but it is not bec i know the difference and i felt the surgical pain before i got sick.she said she will not treat me anymore bec eveything is normal. she sent me for blood work and CT scan bec i told her i was concern abt my kidneys bec of my severe low back pain in the first weeks i got sick and my PCP have always checked my kidneys bec of my medical history. i also told her i was getting frustrated but she ignored me.i did not know i was already on borderline postpaetum depression as checked by the nurse that comes once a month from the state. there was severe abnormalities on my blood work and normal CT scan. i got severely swollen from CT scan. i called the dr on call and unfortunately it was her who answers. she said it was normal as long as i pee and drink plent of fuids...but i was getting worse. i was taken to urgent care and was injected with steroid and benadryl bec it was an allergic reaction to the CT scan. sombody from my PCP also called and my PCP said it was an allergic reaction from the dye and to take benadryl. so i guess dr fernandez does not know that it is not normal. i felt better since they gave medications for severe bladder infection, and allergy - i was given prednisone too.i felt better significantly.so for 3 weeks i suffered and only taken motrin and tylenol to mask my fever bec she insisted everything was normal although i told her i started to have incontinence since i got sick.after she saw severe abnormalities with my blood work she wanted me to go there for another blood test and did not prescribe any meds or a follow up appt so if i waited for her to decide on what to do, it would be a month of suffering before sahe can figure it out. i went to my PCP - which i should have done since i got sick- and a thorough physical exam (the longest dr's visit ive ever had)was done and blood work was also done..he was very concern abt the blood work and one of my organs. he said the swelling from the CT was somewhat a blessing in disguise bec he thinks the prednisone helped. he thinks it was inflammatory and there was an infection somewhere. my PCP said it was a complication from the surgery, that my body was not able to cope with the stress inb taking care of my twins and heal from a major surgery.he said the mistake was they kept checking my bladder bec it was checked twice by dr fernandez and once at the urgent care and was always normal during culture. he gave me another set of meds and i was healed except now i am still working on getting stronger from being terribly weak when i got ill. West valley women's care have a great group of drs except for her. How di i know?bec you will see all the other drs when you get pregnant up to the time of delivery.