A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gene Barrett:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gene Barrett, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bone Transplantation
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Orthopedic Procedures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Barrett graduated from University of Mississippi , Jackson. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Barrett has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Mississippi Baptist Medical Center
- River Oaks Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Barrett accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi - 1 plan
- Humana - 10 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans