A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Gene Burkett:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gene Burkett is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gene Burkett, MD, MBBS, BS is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Hot Flashes
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Burkett graduated from University Of The West Indies, Trinidad, Champs Fleur.
Dr. Burkett has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Jackson South Community Hospital
- Cedars Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burkett accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 6 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 8 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Humana - 25 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans