Dr. Harold Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 2nd, 2016
Beware
Beware of this individual. He is the party to numerous lawsuits going back decades. Also his transient nature makes one ask, "What, or whom is he dodging?" Moving from Sugarland, TX; to Fort Hood, TX; to Killeen, TX; to Texarkana, TX; to West Houston Medical Center; to Lafayette, LA; and now Tacoma, WA is highly unstable for a so called practitioner. Most decent physicians maintain a consistent location. These movements & lawsuits appear to fail the "smell test."

August 10th, 2016
Great Dr. - Great experience.

January 16th, 2014
STAY FAR away if you want to enjoy yr baby's birth
This dictir is arrogant and treats you like you are a child.I was a 37 yr old mom with 2 children and a 3 on the way. During the birth him and my husband were not even on speaking terms.He kept on threatening me if I do not like what he says i must find another doctor.Eventually it did get so bad that that is what i ended up doing and then he called to say that is his way of saying i need to follow his orders.When I was five months along he called me on a road trip and threaten to call CPS because I am putting my baby in danger and was not allowed to leave sugarland.when I finally had the baby the nurses told em nobody wanted to be my nurse because he treated them so badly.When I told mey new OB/Gyn who the previous one was he said say no more.we all know that obnoxious man.

July 4th, 2013
Worst experience ever
Stay clear. I have 3 kids. He delivered the 3rd. Worst experience of my life!!

June 19th, 2013
Great Doctor!
Dr. Cohen delivered 2 of our 4 children. Had we known him earlier, he would have delivered all of them! Although Dr. Cohen was busy, I never felt like he was rushing. He always took the time to listen to my concerns, and he took the time to carefully explain his diagnoses. I wish he were still in practice. I'd have no reservations about giving him and his staff the highest recommendation.

November 21st, 2011
Dr. Cohen was a great OBGYN
Dr. Cohen delivered 2 of my 3 children and I regret that I didn't have him deliver the 3rd one. He's a great doctor and I wish he was still in practice. I just found out that I"m pregnant with my 4th and also just found out that he has retired. Was just surprised to see anything other than positive comments about him, as I found him to be very professional and pleasant. And truly the most thorough physician I've ever had.

June 20th, 2011
Beware
Watch out for this individual. He has a stream of medical malpractice lawsuits dating back to the 1990s in both Harris & Fort Bend Counties. He hides this by sometimes going by Harold Cohen & others as Gene Cohen, or sometimes H Gene Cohen.

June 8th, 2011
Dr Cohen delivered my son and also performed some surgery for me 20 years later. His skill as a surgeon changed my life. During all those years he was personable and caring. My only complaint would be that sometimes he's a little too picky and cautious. But thats probably not a bad thing for a physician.

December 2nd, 2010
Horrible
This was the most unprofessional individual I have ever had the mispleasure & misfortune to have encountered. Ladies, do your homework before selecting a physician!