Dr. Gene Corbman Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Gene Corbman?

Posted on November 23rd, 2016

liked doctor Corbman very much. good communication, I feel much better with my over all out look on life and moving forward. I do recommend Dr. Corbman

Posted on November 25th, 2015

Nice Guy, too!

Excellent Professional Doctor.

Posted on March 17th, 2013

Dr. Corbman, Is an excellent doctor. In the field of mental health, his professional approach and understanding is unique.

Patient

Posted on August 15th, 2012

The best most professional doctor ive ever had.Always understands me.

Wish I would have gone with my gut when it told me

Posted on July 27th, 2011

I have seen this Dr. for approx 1 year, and If I could, I would dedicate atleast 1 hour per day kicking myself in the a** for sticking with him so long. We are talking about a practice which resembles a spare guestroom with a wall and door seperating his waiting room (which, coincidently, smells like people have been waiting for years) and his office/consult space. What really makes me uncomfortable is the fact that his contact phone number leads you to a voicemail (no staff whatsoever, not even a seceratary to take messages or even answer basic questions) which tells you that "your call has activated my beeper which informs me that a message is being left" which is an absolute lie because i have been in his office and seen this amazing communication system of his (pony express, watch out!!!) which is a cordless phone, always on silent, attached to a charging station. So wether you are calling to confirm your next appt., request a new prescription/refill for your meds (which in all seriousness, please do so atleast 5 days before you are out of your meds; personal experience) have a question or concern about something you are under his care for, or calling because your spouse has gone psychotic and you need to know what the next step is, your call will be answered in the order in which it was received. (first dr. I have ever come across that either doesnot have an emergency line, nor an on-call sub when he is on vacation or otherwise not available). The other thing i am still in awe over is the fact that he keeps no notes!!!!! The only part of the session that he is writting is when: filling out a script, writting down your appt time (I hope to god that you are not one of those people who need an "appt reminder" call) or writting you a receit for your payment. That makes things very interesting if for some reason (i couldn't imagine why) you decide to seek another opinion, or are otherwise forced to look for another shrink, because imagine the persons response when you tell them that "i cannot contact my previous dr. so that i can have my records transfered because even though i have been seeing him for 5 years, he has no records of treating me" (except if you keep the E.O.B. that your health insurance co. sends you, which is pretty much going to result in the end of that convo, unless the person is still laughing over the first statement)All that stuff aside, on to the meat 'an potatoes. Now just so you don't think i'm simply prejudiced against people who refuse to step into the 20th century as far as communication or record keeping, let me explain why I am unsatisfied. Although a friendly man and good listener, this gentleman specializes in geriatric psych (which if you asked me a year ago would i be willing to bet if this was an actual category, i would have "bet the farm") and honestly had no clue how to help me. Basically, all he was good for was prescribing pills for what ever i told him was going on with me. So, too sum up, unless you are an 85 y/o person with depression due to the fact that your children have coherced you into signing over everything you own, and have since abondoned you, or are just looking to sweet talk an old man into giving you some "candy" (i think we all recognize what candy refers to) i would generally advise: STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Talented psychiatrist

Posted on March 17th, 2011

He's always very present, listens well, hears well. Throughtful and subtle; trustworthy.

Gene Corbman, MD - highly recommended

Posted on April 14th, 2009

Dr. Corbman has been treating my college-age son. Dr. C. is the only mental health provider with whom my son feels 100% comfortable and at ease. The doctor is calming, intelligent, can read between the lines, is caring, empathetic, a quick thinker, excellent diagnostician, and a good person in general (as far as I can tell!). In my opinion, he is the gold standard where psychiatrists are concerned.

Posted on July 22nd, 2017