Dr. Gene Gessner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gene Gessner?

Migraine

Get the facts about migraine headaches, including the different types of migraine and migraine triggers.

Have you seen Dr. Gene Gessner?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 23rd, 2017

my right legis hurtingi cant sit down with out pain the right sideof mt knnee hurtsmay i make for a cortiisone shotmay i make an appt for my knee

March 29th, 2016

He is a very good doctor I am very pleased with the results

January 23rd, 2014

Go Somewhere Else

When I first met Dr. Gessner, I really liked him. He had several ideas for my back pain issues. The first inkling that he was a quack was when, during that first visit, he gave me several injections. I am not scared of shots, but these injections were the most painful I've EVER had. I set a follow up appointment for 3 weeks later. By the morning of the appointment, I hadn't received a confirmation call, so I called them to confirm the time. I was met with an answering machine that said Dr. Gessner could be reached at the Grinnell hospital and it gave a number. I called to find out what the heck was going on and they had no records of me as his patient, knew nothing of my appointment scheduled that very day in Cedar Rapids, and told me he was exclusively seeing patients in Grinnell. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone.

December 20th, 2013

Most compassionate, caring, there when you need him kind of guy

This man is one of the few pain doctors that actually cares about his patients. He will find out what is causing your pain and do anything everything in his power for you. Has various methods of injections, nerve blocks, trigger point injections, facet injections, and many more. He'll ask you to try them and if they don't work he wont force you to so he can bill your insurance like most require. He saved my life because at the time I was only 28 I'm 33 now and he always has a positive attitude. Only thing I wish he would have done that he didn't is offer me the pain pump instead of the scs (spinal cord stimulator) b/c the tens unit only made my pain worse. From the bottom of my beating heart Matt J.

October 7th, 2013

Great doctor

he's very nice but pushes the shots, even if they don't work. I ended up poopin in his chair where he uses the floro LMAO.

February 26th, 2013

Dr. Gessner has a way of putting you at ease right off the bat... makes the appointment so much more pleasant... shots of any kind can be rather traumatic, but Dr. Gessner makes me feel much more at ease. I would highly recommend him.

May 14th, 2012

Happy

I have been with Dr.Gessner since 2009.He has helped me trough 2 failed Back Surgery's, with pain control . Just got the test Electric Pain Stimulator removed and an appointment with a surgeon has been set up to talk about an Implant.The office is in a good location and easy to find,his secretary is the best, always a smile and ready to help.

January 12th, 2009

After 4 months f pain treatment, Dr Gessner gave me assurance that I could have a spinal cord stimulator. After 10 weeks in severe pain waiting for the CSC I was told that I was not a good candidate. I went to a surgeon and within 3 weeks had surgery relieving my pain. Dr. Gessner never gave me an explanation of my rejection as a SCS candidate

December 20th, 2016