Dr. Gene Hahn Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Gene Hahn?

Disappointed.

Posted on October 23rd, 2015

I have been a patient at St. Mary's/ Essentia Duluth for twenty six years. As of recent my trusted internal medicine doctor retired and I was assigned a new doctor with zero personal preference on who, since I've only had wonderful experiences with the hospital. From the receptionists, to the nurse practitioners, to the lab techs I have enjoyed my interactions with most staff. Enters Dr. Hahn. I have never met such an opinionated, rude, egotistical, unprofessional doctor quite like him. I was in for a routine physical and upon meeting he seemed pleasant, until he noticed a diagnoses I had. When I began discussing what my previous doctor had prescribed me I then requested creating a new plan of action (lowering a dosage) regarding my medication. I quickly became shamed and given a 20 minute lecture regarding my prescribed medication. He began telling me that my diagnosis was nothing but a fad and I would become addicted to my medication since he sees no "true" end in the use. Comparing my medication to speed, like "the people who use meth or cocaine on the streets." He also made a note that he could choose not to have his job tomorrow and be just fine, he went on and used the word "egotistical" to describe it, but was quick to take it back. When I went to defend my disorder due to his complete and utter lack of professional knowledge and ignorance I was cut off and wasn't allowed to get more than four words out of my mouth. He said my disorder would be better fit meeting with a psychologist. I did not meet with a professional doctor. I met with a man who lacked empathy, knowledge in a specific disorder, and felt that bringing his personal beliefs into an appointment was appropriate. As a patient I do not expect to leave a routine physical feeling shame, guilt, or inadequate. I expect to meet with someone who wants to create a plan of action best suited to me, the patient. If I wanted to learn about personal beliefs or morals I would've gone else where. Please note: I do not complain about much, I don't regularly take medication (I prefer a more natural type healing approach), and I am college educated, with no criminal background. I was extremely disappointed. And it looks like I'm not the only one.

Terrible Experience

Posted on May 8th, 2013

Do not even think about going to this dr for anything other than to be told that nothing will help you except surgery. After I went thru a painful surgery from his partner I ended up having great deals of trouble. All they cared about was cutting me off the small amounts of pain medicine I was on to get thru the pain. They never asked how I was after. It has been a few month and I am almost imobile now. But his staff told me I am a drug addict and would likely be reported. I fired him as my dr and now since my condition is worse and I live in the woods I cannot get a dr. Thanks for nothing!

This doctor is rude!

Posted on August 9th, 2012

This doctor is a poor listener and rude. I would not recommend this doctor to any family members or friends. Our family has had multiple negative experiences with this doctor. 1 bad situation could have possible explanations, however 2+ additional problem visits confirms this is not someone I will have treating my family members any longer.

Posted on September 29th, 2017