Dr. Gene Harris Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gene Harris?

March 23rd, 2016

I felt Dr Harris was very compassionate and understanding . He seemed very knowledgeable and took time to hear my concerns and issues. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family members. I believe my follow ups will be as well as my first visit with him. Thank You.

August 31st, 2015

office manager

After seeing Dr.Gene Harris for approximately 10 years I was dismissed by him at his office managers request. I called the office to to schedule my yearly physical which is paid for by my insurance. The receptionist advised me that it had not been a full year since my last physical.I asked to speak to the office manager and was advised by her that it needed to be a full calender year before Aetna would pay for my 2015 physical.I advised her that I had spoken to Aetna and it did not matter. The previous physical was in 2014. This was 2015. Office manager refused to give me an appointment even with an Aetna rep on the line advising her that I was able to make an appointment now and Family Medical Center would be paid. Needless to say I went off on her(no vulgar language) due to the fact that all she was worried about was their money. Office manager advised me that until Gene Harris returns from his vacation,I was in limbo as to whether he would even see me again. Mr. Harris received a letter from me by certified mail informing him of what transpired with his office manager. He chose the easy way out and dismissed me. It was all for the better for me as the new doctor I now have actually gives you a complete physical. Does'nt chit chat while the stethescope is on your back,and listens. I can tell you right now Gene. You are going to lose quite a few customers due to your office manager who you steadfastly stood behind. You're a wonderful man personally,but you erred in you decision.

October 13th, 2014

not a clue!

He likes to flirt, this is his only skill and a bad one at that!

August 19th, 2014

Great Doctor - HORRIBLE Staff

They only get two stars because Dr. Harris was so great. The staff has zero sensitivity to patient needs! They treated my family member as if it was his fault the insurance wouldn't give authorization for the diagnostics when they are the ones that didn't provide supporting documentation. No patient deserves to be treated in such a poor manner. Take your healthcare dollars elsewhere!

November 1st, 2013

Horrible, Un-professional Staff

The office manager needs to be fired! Unfortunately she is supported by Dr. Harris, which will lead to a lawsuit against this practice in the NEAR future. I have never in my life been treated so poorly, no results given etc. Do not use this practice. GO TO ER instead if you do not have a primary care physician. Trust me.

May 27th, 2013

Horriable doctor. Highly NOT Reccommended unless misdiagnosis is your priority.

March 22nd, 2013

Staff clueless

Dr Harris good Doctor but his Staff from the Office Manager down is straight garbage. They are clueless when it come to taking care of patients. But as long as they are working there I'm going to make sure they do their jobs or complaints will be made. Because that is why they bill the insurance, and I'm going to make sure my family is treated and taking care of or else.

October 4th, 2012

He has been my family doctor for a long time. He is a great person, but the wait time is a long time.

April 12th, 2012

bad experience

after going to Dr. Harris for 12 years, I was told to find another primary care physician because I had a bad drug test. I have never took anything my physician did not perscribe me, I was not given the chance to retake a drug test and had absolutely no way of defending what I believe was not my drug test result. I am very saddened by this office's decision to drop me, I was probably one of his better patients. I hope noone else gets false drug results like me.

October 3rd, 2011

Referrals

My insurance carrier is TriCare. In the past I have found the referral service slow but nothing like what my recent (2011) expierence has been. I have been forced to reschedule an very important appointment several times, because the referral department failed to request the referral. All they needed to do is make a 1 minute call,I even gave them the phone number. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE IF YOU NEED A REFERRAL!!

May 6th, 2011

After 11 years-he dropped me as a patient and would not explain to me why

I was told by the receiptionist that he was dismissing me as a patient after 11 years of seeing him no less than 10 times a year. His receptionist said it was because my drug test showed that I was not taking my medication...I asked to see him face to face to go over the results and HE REFUSED. There is a form on his wall that says an appointment must be made to go over the results. He still refused to talk to me. I took the results to another independent Doctor, after he reviewed the results, he said that it clearly showed that I was taking my medication, I also went to my pharmacist and had him review the results and he agreed with the independent Dr. that I was taking my medications. I went as far as having an independent drug test done, and YES everything showed up in my system. He misread my results and did not even take the time to speak to me. This was VERY UNPROFESSIONAL on his part, as I and my whole family see him. (Not anymore). After 11 years I would think he owed me the courtesy of an explanation of why he did this.

April 8th, 2011

awsome

Dr Harris is a wonderful doctor. He took his time and listened to me. I would recomend him to anyone who wants a doctor that cares..