Internists, Cardiologist (heart)
2841 Lomita Blvd
Suite 100
Torrance, CA 90505
310-257-0508
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Electrolysis Supreme  |  show details
by Jim Elrod on Aug 8th, 2013

Dr. Kim is a miracle worker in my opinion. He spent hours burning the connectors behind my heart that were not firing correctly and had to do 3 times to make sure he got them all. He is the man!

Jan 24th, 2012

His staff is rude and inconsiderate. I have atrial fibrillation and went for an appointment last month. When I got there, his staff told me he wasn't there and they took my blood pressure and an ekg and he later called me on the phone. I realize sometimes doctors have emergencies, but they never made a phone call to tell me he wouldn't be there. Today, I called to cancel and reschedule and appt. with him on Friday. His staff said they wouldn't be able to reschedule till March. After I told them I had atrial fibrillation and thought I should see him sooner, the receptionist said then maybe I shouldn't cancel the appointment. I told them why is it okay for the doctor cancel my appt without a call. She said he had an emergency and couldn't be there. I didn't even mention that it would be nice if the office would have called me and informed me of that so I wouldn't have wasted my time going there. Finally she said she found and opening in February and scheduled me for then. She should have checked the schedule before rudely telling me the doctor is so busy that I would have to wait two months to reschedule.

|  Misdiagnosis  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2010

Implanted an ICD ( implanted defibrillator) after inducing cardiac arrest during an ep study. Went to the Dr. at another facility who diagnosed me with low blood pressure and electrolyte imbalance. The ICD was removed by a thoracic surgeon who concurred with the removal.

|  RE: Dr. Gene Kim, Electrophysiology  |  show details
by justadori90744 on Jul 1st, 2010

I was Dr. Gene Kim when I was hospitalized for an episode of SVT and he quickly put me at ease when he explained to me what had happened, what could have triggered the episode and what my options were. When I saw him in his office, he was just as pleasant and easy to talk to. It also meant a lot to me that he remembered me from the hospital, even though almost 2 months had passed. I'm having surgery on 07/30 and are 100% at ease with the whole thing. Dr. Kim is awesome!

May 30th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Kim works with great care. She operates a very small business, but treats everyone like they are family. In my visits with her I knew she really wanted to help me. My life has been changed by Dr. K. She helped and I can't ever give her thanks enough.

Mar 31st, 2006 on yahoo.com

Very Good: Dr. Kim is knowledgable and professional acupuncturist.She helped me so much with my chronic pain. I never thought I'd feel like this.

Mar 27th, 2006 on yahoo.com

great experience: very happy i found this place. definitely recommend it.