Otolaryngologists

8631 W 3rd St
Ste 640E
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310-423-1220
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Very Happy  |  show details
by Bill N on Aug 14th, 2013

I was quite happy with my appointment. There was slight wait, but nothing major. I expect to wait at every DR. appointment anyway. His PA gave my an initial go over. She seemed capable and pleasant. Dr. Liu was great. He took an enormous amount of time to explain my condition and how the sinuses work, talking about the subject in very easy to understand language.

by KMS on Jun 19th, 2013

What I liked most about this doctor was that he spent the time to explain my medical condition in a language I UNDERSTOOD. I appreciate his patience and after having seen 3 other specialists, he was able to treat me. Thank you for your excellent care!

|  worried mom  |  show details
by AM on May 21st, 2013

Great appointment with Dr Liu. He spend the time to explain in detail the risks and benefits and alternatives to having ear tubes in my infant son. He took the time to answer all of our questions. His staff is efficient. Very caring doctor. would highly recommend him.

May 14th, 2013

I was referred to Dr Liu by my primary physician and one of my coworkers. I have been dealing with chronic sinus issues and allergies for a long time - and have seen a lot of other ENT docs back in NY, many of whom recommended surgery. Dr Liu was the first to really be able to explain to me why I've been having so many problems and worked out a treatment regimen that finally has things under control...without surgery!

Feb 7th, 2013

Too bad the original doctor I was scheduled did not work and this office shifted my appointment to Dr. Liu. After waiting for a hour this Dr. Liu walks in with the biggest attitude and is fairly rude. Walks in circles around me and acts like he is gods gift to the world. Says some fairly rude things that you would not expect from doctors such as "you nose is so messed up". To top it off he mis diagnosed my condition! I will not be returning to this doctor, ever.

|  He was great!  |  show details
by Paul Bressman on Jan 24th, 2013

I had trouble breathing out of one side of my nose, especially when I laid down at night to sleep. Another ENT surgeon operated upon me in 2011 and the symptoms returned in 1 year. My bacckdground information and general introduction to the practice was done by by Dr. Liu's PA who was courteous, professional and her upbeat and pleasant attiude just told me she was comleteley at ease with the confirdence and personality of her physcian. Dr. Liu reviewed my history, showed geniuine interest and compassion for my problems and then expertly performed an nasal endoscopy. Then he reviewed my video record and showed me eamples of similiar problems from his teaching files so that I could understand where my problem fit into the spectrum of the disorder that I had. He discussed the options of chronic medical therapy, mini office procedures or a modern outpatient procedure which would preserve my normal ability to moisturize air entering into my nose so that I would not only improve my air flow but also be feel comfortable. He's a great docter with a quiet and personable degree of confidence.

|  I would not recommend this doctor  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2012

I do not feel confident with the integrity of the practice in this office. There is an overall air of egotism there, even with the audiologist who upon being asked a question, she responded as though I was questioning her abilities, e.g. "I've been doing htis a long time," when really the question I asked was for the betterment of my understanding. I don't believe my test was accurate, either (I passed with flying colors and perfect hearing, which I know to be a tad false). With respect to the doctor himself, Another reviewer described Dr. Liu as condescending and rushing through the appointment. Unfortunately, that was my experience as well. He checked up my nasal passages for any congestion that could cause an ear problem, but he never once even bothered to look in my ears themselves. I asked him a question about I can't remember what and the reaction was the same as with the audiologist, albeit far less sanguine: he acted as though the question was an imposition and a questioning of his ability. It's as though there was this weird curt-anger trip. I think it's one of those situations where he's so booked with patients, he just doesn't care; I don't know. Essentially, though, I feel as though I wasted an appointment, i..e money, and certainly would never go back to him.

|  All down hill now.  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2012

Unfortunately, Dr. Liu started off as a great doctor, but now you can only see his assistant (who is NOT a doctor) and she is horrible. She is curt and has misdiagnosed me every time I go in there begging for an answer. His assistant told me it was okay to fly - I flew and my eardrum semi-burst and now I have a bad ear infection. Today I FINALLY saw an amazing ENT and he told me after looking at all of Dr. Liu's tests and scans that I had a botched nose job, cannot breath properly and that I have polyps in my sinuses. He put something on my nose that opened up, so I can now breath!!! In short, do research and find a better doctor than Dr. Liu. I am not even sure about his surgical techniques. My son had ear tubes put in by him and they never fell out, so he had to have a second surgery. This is a very rare event and shouldn't happen.

|  4 stars  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2011

Fantastic experience all around, which says a lot, considering that we were there for an in office surgical procedure for our 1 mo old son. Dr Liu was extremely thorough and explained everything very well to us anxious parents. We weren't hurried out of the office even though they were closing for lunch. Office staff was great as well. Amazing service made even more impressive considering that we were there during the week between xmas and nye.

|  Not Happy  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

I have had multiple visits with Dr. Liu and have to say overall I am not particularly pleased. He seems impersonal and makes me feel like my visit is an inconvenience to him. He is constantly rushing through my visits and questions.

|  Need to learn bedside manner  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2011

After waiting 2 weeks to get an appointment with Dr Liu, I was completely disgusted with him. Dr. Liu is very condescending and he constantly rolled his eyes at me when I didn't understand what he was saying. He seemed to be in a rush to see other patients, which is fine, but I only spent 8 minutes with him. He did not address my main concerns, he just told me to try an over the counter medicine and call me in a few weeks. When I asked him for a brand, he said ask the pharmacist. Why should I ask the pharmacist at Walgreens when the doctor is here! It was infuriating. I've never had a doctor roll his eyes at me. Luckily I am young and can understand him, but I feel for older patients who don't get his fast and demeaning. speech. I would not recommend him, but then again, he may be the only doctor on your HMO.