Dr. Gene Massey MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 9th, 2016
Physical Therapist
Amazing physician. Kind, honest and great with follow up.

August 8th, 2016
Needed mri needed something to relax me I was in the hospital I have degenerated disc disease I can not lay in a machine for a hour wel its easier to send me to a dr 6 hours away he can handle my needs and had a receptionist call after hours so I could not talk to him. money money no compassion no extra care wants the easy ones in and out just like fast food at $100000

June 8th, 2016
Dr Massy operated on my back. Excellent excellent surgeon I can not recommend him highly enough.

January 23rd, 2016
No Good
Do not use this Dr. After 3 X-rays and 2 MRI's, he still does not know where all this back pain is coming from. Sent me to get steroid shots, and after 4 of those, still no relief. Now he thinks I need to do Therapy, go Figure!! I think he likes to Bleed my Insurance Company.

January 8th, 2016
On target with diagnosis. PT recommended.

November 19th, 2015
Never in my life
Was in a car accident and referred to dr Massey had heard nothing but good things about this man until 2 encounters with him and let me tell u I have never felt so inadequate or put down on all my life He treated me as well as his nurse like I was the Lowest welfare case out there and like I was lying about my pain and at time my insurance was changing over and wouldn't even read my m r I after he told me he would without it costing 600 was not impressed

October 28th, 2015
Clean office, lots of paperwork, nice staff ... GREAT doctor! Couldn't have asked for a better bedside manner. I was annoyed with the wait (40 minutes) but he was worth it. Bring a book.

December 30th, 2014
Good listener! Truly cares about his patients. I've been to several physicians with no relief. Dr. Massey reviewed MRI's from another office and suggested epidural steriod injections. I'm finally feeling good.

September 11th, 2014
My entire experience from my first phone call to the moment I walked out the door was positive. Dr. Massey really listened to me. I've had neck pain for months with minimal relief. Some simple posture changes, anti-inflammatory, and physical therapy has made me a new person. Thank you.

August 14th, 2014
I've had back pain for so long I thought I'd never feel 100%. Dr. Massey is a genius. Changing my diet, losing weight, muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatory and exercise. I feeling great. It was a lot of work but worth it.

January 31st, 2013
Dr Massey and his staff are wonderful. They took the time with me to make me feel comfortable and explained everything about my surgery upfront and asked if I had any questions. Follow up appt was a true pleasure. Surgery went great, the only thing that was not a good experience was one of the morning nurses at Grand Strand Medical Hospital. Over all this was an excellent experience. I will highly recommend Dr. Massey to anyone that I talk too.

February 28th, 2017